Author Topic: Compact cz75  (Read 927 times)

Bigbronco78

Compact cz75
« on: February 23, 2003, 09:14:36 PM »
Found a Compact CZ75 in a gun shop this weekend. Owner says it's new and unfired,, Stamp indicates it is a circa 1994. I'm claiming BS......but wanted a second opinion as I've not looked or owned a compact before.
The mag has what appear to be rub/wear marks from repeated use, the slide and rails have shiny spots in the high areas, and the barrel has friction marks at the top front end where it makes contact with the slide.  So, without seeing pictures (My next step if I want this gun) how many rounds would it take to put that kind of wear on a gun like the compact?  My CZ75 circa 1985 has more than 11,723 rounds and to me, the wear seems about the same.  Oh, one more thing, this compact has no visible blemishes on the outside, no nicks, dings, wear marks.. From the outside it looks NIB, until you look at the mag and then disassembly it.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Compact cz75
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 09:38:13 PM »
In my mind, the critical area to examine would be the striking surface of the hammer.  It must take quite a few rounds before the bluing wears there.  I bought a LNIB CZ 75 from a gun shop, but the original owner was a friend of a friend, whom I trust.  He said that he couldn't remember how many times he had fired it, but that it was less than 300 rounds.  It looked brand-new, and there was zero visible wear on the hammer.  It started to show after I put another 200-300 rounds through it.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline ut83

Compact cz75
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 08:39:54 AM »
All of the wear indicators you mention can be from people just playing with the gun...look at the feedramp.  When people cycle the slide and play with the mags/gun..it will make it look fired/not NIB.  If its been played with since 94...Ill bet it looks worn.  Check out the feedramp for signs of ammo being cycled through it....then again this may be done and not fire it also.....
Tell him its basically a LNIB used gun and see if he will work with you...
Shoot well :smokin