Author Topic: Hello..I am the newbie from Thailand  (Read 3020 times)

Offline SSR2202

Hello..I am the newbie from Thailand
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
Hello again..I read this forum about one month...and think that this forum is very friendly to any guy to visit here.very nice and warm.I only have 2guns they are PPK/S &75B(1999).In my country,gun is very expensive.I brought my gun about 1,230US.Dallars for75B,very..very expensive.But PPK/S is more. The ammo is expensive too.And apologize if my English is so very bad. This is the first time that I post out  my country.I have the question that,  I lower the hammer hook and when I pull the trigger the sear sometime catch to the halfcock ,so I lower the halfcock notch and make it the same position but lower .This case the gun can put the safety level to on in the halfcock position .I do not know it is the right or wrong that I do it. But the gun can shoot with no any problem.In my country the gunsmith have no more.And I destroy my disconnector(but I rebuilt it).Because when I lower the hammer hook,The hammer fall to the DA.Mode.Then I File the under of the disconnector.Now the seem work fine.I work it about two month. It is true or wrong..Please tell me.

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:30:25 AM »
I'm afraid I can't help you with your gunsmithing issues, you might try in the "Home Guinsmithing" or "Ask Angus" sections, but just wanted to say welcome, from a Texas farang!

Your country, for all that guns are so expensive, seems to have a very active IPSC group or two!

Good luck, and again, welcome!
Bil
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:37:32 AM »
Thank you. For your suggestion.

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:21:20 AM »
one ammo = one meal of ordinary person.

Offline Cliff47

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:42:40 PM »
Sawadee !!   I have traveled to your lovely country several times and enjoyed the people, the culture and the food every time.  I feel like I want to return very soon.  

I happen to think your English is quite good (certainly better than my Thai).

I'm a little confused, what were you trying to end up with by working on your CZ75B?  A lighter trigger pull, a crisper trigger, or smooth out the hammer decocking?  Maybe a second read of your initial post is in order on my part.

Sounds like you paid about 3 times what a CZ75B goes for in my corner of the world (Washington State, USA, near Seattle).  Also sounds like the cost of ammunition is approaching the prohibitive level.  Can you quote me the cost of 50 rounds of 9 m/m in Baht (I will convert to US$)?

As a general rule, a CZ will smooth out the trigger feel just by dry-firing (no live ammunition, but use a dummy round or one that has already been fired), and working the bearing surfaces against each other.

I will read your post again and see what I can make of your intentions.  Shoot safely and enjoy.

Edited 09 October 2006 18:50 Pacific time:

Sounds like what you wanted to do was eliminate the half-cock notch when decocking your pistol.  I would venture that the disconnector was not where you wanted to focus your attention, but on the hammer itself.  The half-cock notch is there so that you do not have the long double-action trigger pull, but reduce the pull by not quite half the distance.

That said, you are a much braver man than I, taking your pistol down to individual pieces to work on the internal lockwork.  The furthest that I disassemble my pistols is to the field-strip, and that is for cleaning.  Maybe we can get you the part that you broke (but rebuilt), to put your pistol back in 100% condition again.

Take care my friend.

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 03:17:53 AM »
Kob-kun-krab (Thank you..Sir) cliff47...I am not in Bangkok.My home is in the countryside of Thailand.My gun cost 46,700Bahts (1US.Dallar=38Bahts) and in my province 1ammo is about 35Bahts.If I buy 50rounds =1,750Bahts(winchester FMJ).My trouble is not the hard trigger pull.But I think in SAmode it is too long distance.Then I lower the hammerhook and I lower halfcock notch too.But I do not know that I do is right or wrong because I can push the safety level in the halfcock notch position? But the gun work fine.My SA is still heavy but it has shot distance while I pull it.I ever go to Bangkok to buy the weak main spring.But i can not find.
Can I cut the main spring for 2rounds? Thank you again cliff47
for your kindness to give me the disconnector that I broke it.But do not worry.Because I have a new one (37US.Dallars)!

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 03:44:27 AM »
img142.imageshack.us/my.p...367pd4.jpg][img]img

This is my gun.(I do not know when I show picture it can show or not)

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 03:46:22 AM »

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 03:58:28 AM »
img90.imageshack.us/img90...375pj0.jpg

You can see that I can push the safety level in half-kock notch position

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 09:37:20 AM »
img131.imageshack.us/img1...380kv9.jpg
And in my last qaustion .What is this hammer? I have it because my friend give me . But I thing that it not good.I used it and think that it is too quickly to use in the real life. It is very hard metal and only get the little force to pull the trigger.It bang too quickly.I never like this.So I only keep it.I ask my friend ,Where are you take it? He said ..I bought it from some website in Thailand.And when I contact those web I can not find any things?

Offline Cliff47

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »
Good day, my friend.

From the pictures you posted, I would say that you have the CZ75B in Stainless Steel.  I also have one of these, and it is a bit heavier than the usual CZ75B, but oh, so fine..

The third picture you posted shows the hammer at the half-cock notch, with the manual safety in the 'on' position.  The CZ clones made by Tanfoglio of Italy will do this.  I am not quite sure that I feel comfortable with this development.  

The picture that you posted of the trigger looks to be that of a skeletonized competition hammer.  It has been made lighter, so that the entire trigger/hammer/slide action is speeded up for competition shooting.  Something one does not necessarily need for everyday target shooting or personal protection.

Removing coils from the springs is sometimes a questionable practice, it is much simpler (and cheaper in the long run) to purchase the desired recoil springs in the desired weight from a company that specializes in that sort of thing.  One company in my country that does this is Wolff Gunsprings (www.gunsprings.com).

At one time CZ did not have a half-cock notch on the hammer, but one was designed in during the evolution of the 'Type B' and 'Transitional Type B' pistols.  Only the 'Type A' pistols (also known as Pre-B pistols) will have the hammer without the notch.

My thinking is that the CZ is an excellent firearm, and that anything done should be to 1) maintain reliability, 2) improve accuracy (sights that fit your needs, I like the Novak-style with the tritium inserts), and 3) manage the recoil (you can't get away from it, but you can manage it).

I think you have been pointed to the CZf Home Gunsmithing discussions, as well as the Ask Angus discussion.  Both are good areas.  You might try the CZF FAQ (frequently asked questions), and the CZF Vendors.

You might also CZech out the www.CZShooters.com web site, not as established as this one, but improving each day.

You sound like you are well on your way to understanding the internals of your pistol.  Good luck, and shoot safely.  Maybe on my next trip to your beautiful country, I can smuggle in some ammunition and other goodies for you.

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 11:49:07 PM »
ThanK you .cliff47. My gun is refinish by hard-chrom.
and the trigger I use M.4-Tap to make the thread for
trigger adjust screw.I do it at my factory that I work.
I can not find M.3.5-Tap/screw in my province.
Well come to Thailand..cliff47 Yor are very friendly..

Offline Cliff47

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 02:42:10 AM »
Good Day my friend,

Sounds like you are either a machinist or an engineer of some persuasion.  Am I correct?  I should have picked up on that earlier.

I have been out for the last couple of days on jury duty, hearing a civil trial over an automobile accident and injuries that occurred over four years ago.  

I am a computer programmer for an insurance company, so we can both appreciate the quality and engineering that go into the CZ pistols, yes?

Got to thinking the other day, would a Kadet unit for your CZ75B help with any cost concerns?

Take care ans shoot safely.

Cliff

Offline SSR2202

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 05:21:52 AM »
Hello cliff47..I am only the poor technician. In my country the Kadet unit=the complete one hand-gun.So I can't got it in any way.And my salary is not so much.:o

anything