Author Topic: New 97B Barrel Bushing Problem...  (Read 3042 times)

Offline floorguy24

New 97B Barrel Bushing Problem...
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
I've heard nothing but good things about these CZ guns, so I bought a new 97B 45acp and just started shooting it.

However, I have experienced a problem right away and had to take it back to the gun shop I got it from, where they inspected it and told me to contact CZ and get help.

Here's the problem;

After firing 20 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ 45acp ammo, it started to stick, not reloading properly. So I stopped, and found the barrel bushing (part #64) at the end of the barrel was turning/jammed into the recoil spring housing (part #63). It had actually bent the "tab" trying to unscrew and jamming.

I immediately took it to my gun shop, where they were able to un-jam/unscrew it and remove it. They said that was causing the barrel to stick during reloading and that I should contact CZ. They also said they had never seen this before.

So CZ said they would send me a new recoil spring housing (part #63) and to try it first.

I just got it, and will install it.

Has anyone ever had this sort of problem?

I'm a bit disappointed, but still optimistic and hoping the gun is as good as everyone says it is.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: New 97B Barrel Bushing Problem...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:27:34 PM »
I had the same exact thing happen to me.  I don't know if it was my fault (assembled the gun with it spun out of place) or if the barrel bushing spun while shooting?  CZ USA sent me a new barrel bushing right away under warranty.  I haven't had an issue since but I haven't had much trigger time either.  Just make sure when you assemble the slide the bushing detent is aligned with the recoil spring housing.

My barrel bushing was deformed and when the barrel got warm it caused and interference fit with the bushing.  Once cooled it would function fine again.

Cheers!
Toby
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:29:15 PM by tdogg »
This forum rocks!

Offline floorguy24

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »
I had the same exact thing happen to me.  I don't know if it was my fault (assembled the gun with it spun out of place) or if the barrel bushing spun while shooting?  CZ USA sent me a new barrel bushing right away under warranty.  I haven't had an issue since but I haven't had much trigger time either.  Just make sure when you assemble the slide the bushing detent is aligned with the recoil spring housing.

My barrel bushing was deformed and when the barrel got warm it caused and interference fit with the bushing.  Once cooled it would function fine again.

Cheers!
Toby

Thanks for the reply, Toby.

I just received and installed the new bushing, so I'll head to the range soon and try it out.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this. But I also hope this replacement fixes the problem.

Offline floorguy24

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »
Ok Toby, looks like we're in the same club now.

I replaced the barrel bushing with the factory new one, and it's fixed! Shoots like it should now.  ;D

And by the way, I've heard some people don't like this gun due to it's grip size. I personally can't see that. I'm not a big guy, and it fits my hands like it was made just for me. It feels better than many 1911's, in my opinion...  ;)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »
Glad to hear!

I have big hands and this gun feels great.  Plus I may be more accurate with it than my SP-01!  It's definitely a pleasure to shoot.

Toby
This forum rocks!

anything