Author Topic: Range report: one issue  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Thursday

Range report: one issue
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
Took my P07 to the range today for the second time. I shot 88 rounds (yes I know strange # but it was what I needed to get to an even 200 rounds). This was old and assorted ammo that about 10 years ago or so I threw into a 30 cal. can so I can't say what the ammo was other than it was old.

The P07 shot fine with no FTFs or FTEs. I also shot 50 rounds through my FNX 40 and I have to say the P07 is a far smoother and more comfortable pistol. A lot of it may have been the 40 vs the 9 though but there is no denying that the P07 feels like it was molded around my grip. So that's 200 rounds flawless. I did have 1 stove pipe but that was me forcing the gun to do something it wasn't designed to do, firing with the magazine out. It's a common issue with semi autos.

Anyways to the issue. I had 1 magazine that the slide failed to lock back on every time. The other two locked back fine (except once but my thumb may have swiped the slide catch). I can get the slide to lock back manually. I did not have this issue last time however I picked up a third magazine between now and then and I forgot to make note of which were which but I have a suspicion that the magazine giving me problems is the new since 2 mags worked last time and 2 mags worked this time. Plus the one giving me issues doesn't seem as beat up as the others.

Is this something to be concerned about as far as a possible problem with the gun itself or do you think this is something that can be chalked up the the lone magazine? I plan on taking the mag apart and cleaning it and next time I will buy brand new ammo in case this was an ammo issue. I don't think it would be since the othe mags were fine. I have marked the troubled mag to help distinguish it from the other two.

Offline slowburn

Re: Range report: one issue
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »
Really sounds mag related.  Most of the guys I shoot with number their mags with a paint marker for just this reason

Offline Thursday

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
Yea that's what I'm thinking. I put a mark on the one that is giving me problems so I can distinguish them. I just wish I had done so before. I really think it is the newest one I bought since it looks newer and I didn't have this problem with the two that I shot 100 rounds through in my first range day.

Thanks for your input.

Offline Desert_Cat

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
I'd suspect the magazine spring and replace that first.
CZ 75B
CZ P07

anything