Author Topic: Single action trigger.  (Read 3408 times)

Offline ordnance

Single action trigger.
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for some advice. I have a cz 75 spo1 shadow i use for at the range only. I would like to change it to single action only from what i can see its a mater of changing the trigger. Has anyone done this and whats involved also were i would get a dealer that would supply the trigger to the UK

Offline jjdurso

Re: Single action trigger.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
I have actually used the trigger and hammer from a Tactical Sport model to convert many different DA/SA autos to SA only.  The stock plastic trigger is $9US from CZ and the hammer is only $20US from CZ Custom Shop (http://czcustom.com/CZ_TS-factory-hammer.aspx).  On the plastic TS trigger you have to cut the notch for the trigger bar yourself, so you might want to spring for a metal one.  The best way to get a quality SA trigger pull is to change both the trigger and the hammer to those designed for SA only, but you actually only have to take out the dis-connector on the front of your existing hammer to make it SA only.  Just changing the trigger won't do it for you.  The only difference between the SA and DA trigger is the shape.

Offline bozwell

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for some advice. I have a cz 75 spo1 shadow i use for at the range only. I would like to change it to single action only from what i can see its a mater of changing the trigger. Has anyone done this and whats involved also were i would get a dealer that would supply the trigger to the UK

As was already said, you also need to remove the disconnector from the hammer to install the SAO trigger.  I'm not aware of any need to change out the hammer and I can't imagine why you would need a different hammer for this situation.  The advantage to the adjustable SAO trigger CZC sells is you can also adjust for pre-travel.  The trigger is also a different shape, for better or for worse. 

Offline coolbox

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
I just recently did that very convrrsion on my SP01 Shadow.

Cz USA will not ship overseas. You will have to order from czcustom.com, choose the shape you prefer. I selected factory Custom SA trigger, it has pre and post travel adjustments.

I did not remove disconnector, as it does not engage if the SAO trigger is installed. Removing it is no harm either.

A competition hammer by czcustom or CGW will definitely enhance looks, and performance. If you plan to change hammer, also order pin no.9, as the one removed might not be reusable.

Then, you have to post some pics..
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline retteryer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
There is no need to remove disconnector,but trigger pull will be lighter with disconnector.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Zastava M70A 9mm,Russian Nagant Revolver (1935 YOM),Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless,Canik 55 TP-9.

Offline Oneiric

Single action trigger.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
There is no need to remove disconnector,but trigger pull will be lighter with disconnector.

Leaving the disconnect or will make the pull lighter?  That seems counterintuitive. Was this a typo or can someone else confirm?

I'm new to all this so maybe im just crazy lol.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
I am not sure what an idle disconnector, which just about hangs in there, would do to trigger pull weight. It may or may not do something, but I am intrigued myself! Time for the pros to chime in.

Offline retteryer

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »
I'm note sure if it just hangs in there,I think it takes some pressure off the trigger pull,try to install SA trigger without removing disconnector,try trigger pull and then try it without disconnector(if you plan to remove it anyway),you will see the difference.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Zastava M70A 9mm,Russian Nagant Revolver (1935 YOM),Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless,Canik 55 TP-9.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »
Well it just hangs in there, that I know. In doing so, it might be could countering the main spring tension on the hammer, and helping in  its forward motion. That's the best I could guess.

Offline bozwell

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
I think it depends on how your trigger is adjusted.  If the trigger can move far enough forward, it will engage the disconnector you left installed and can cause problems.  If you've pushed it back by adjusting the pre-travel adjustment screw, it likely can't move that far forward and you won't notice the disconnector doing anything.  Personally, I would remove it if you're going to stick with the SAO gun, because it doesn't gain you anything and it only has the potential to cause problems.

Offline retteryer

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »
It will not give you any problems with original parts,but if you playing with sear angle and(or) lowering hammer hooks may be it will after few thousands rounds,I don't know,but it works just fine in my regular SP-01 and my Factory Shadow for two years now.My triggers are aluminum curved SA,not flat.And if my ajustment screw is all the way out it works perfect,problems starting when you going as close as possible to "no pretravel at all" point,just like for everybody else,that's the only screw that I'm using.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:40:46 PM by retteryer »

Offline Boogaloo

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »
edited for content
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:07:14 AM by Boogaloo »

Offline Oneiric

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
Another question about the SAO trigger with pre and over travel adjustments.

I have set the pre-travel so that it has nearly 0 pre-travel, though I still like a tiny bit of take-up.

As for the over travel, I have heard people say that they can have NO over travel, which I can't seem to get on my trigger.  I can adjust the over travel low enough to the point where my trigger will "break", but the hammer won't fall every time.  I have to increase the over travel a little bit to ensure the hammer breaks 100% of the time.

Is this normal or does something seem amiss here?

-Oneiric

Offline coolbox

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »
Overtravel must be so that when you manually decock, the hammer and sear do not rub each other.

There must be sufficient pre-travel to allow the trigger to reset. In an empty weapon and without mag, dry fire, do not release the trigger, and rack the slide. Now, gradually release the trigger till you hear a click, which is reset point. Set the screw another third of a round ahead, to ensure that it always resets.

Apply loctite on both screws.

Offline Oneiric

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Does the necessary reset still apply after FPB and Disconnector removal?

anything