Author Topic: Canik, Let's Get Some!  (Read 11236 times)

Offline jjdurso

Canik, Let's Get Some!
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
Canik is a Turkish clone which looks pretty great, does anyone have one?  Know of any place to buy them in the US?
The Standart looks like a 75B:

The Piranha looks like a 97B, but in a small frame 9mm:

The TP9 looks like a Walther P99:

Last but not least is the Shark which looks like a Jericho 941, available with a ported barrel right out of the box!

A Turkish clone of an Israeli clone manufactured by the Italian clone of a Czech gun, that's like a clone cubed!

I would love to see these guns imported to the US, including the compact versions of all.  It seems like there was a Canik USA at some point, but it is no more.  I know a few guns made it into the hands of some Americans, so anything is possible.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: Canik, Let's Get Some!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:06:40 PM »
Do a search. Several threads from those of us that have one or more. New distributor just getting going.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline ComradePie

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
Davidson's has the C100 in stock and on sale this month. I'd get one, but I just prefer the Witnesses for now. They are nice-looking guns, but I wish there was more than just the 9mm...

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
So far my Canik alloy has been a fine pistol.Thinking of getting another one. The alloy light version that can be carried cocked and locked...Bill
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline couchcommando

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:24 AM »
Last time I checked grabagun.com, Davidson's, and Bud's Gun Shop had Caniks in stock. Grabagun has the 380acp model available. Ireally like my c100 in hard chrome. A very good value handgun.

A search will turn up a number of posts on Caniks. A couple giving detailed explanations on doing trigger jobs on the c100.

They make a nice carry pistol.

Offline ComradePie

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »
I'll own one someday. After I get tired of the poly Witness .40 (and the wife stops steaming about that purchase...  ;D).
It's odd. I started out as a Die-Hard CZ Man, but the clones (mainly the EAA stuff) are really what's interesting me right now...

Offline copterdrvr

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »
I've got the alloy framed one and it's awesome.  Great trigger, nice and light, great ergonomics makes for almost no recoil.

Love it!!!!

Offline cz75fan

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
Academy Sports has the compact version. They have it stocked under the Tri-Star brand. I like that standard(round trigger guard!!) & the Piranha. I did look at the Compact model at Academy the other day and it did seem well built, I'd like to see them carry some of the other models.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:54:30 PM by cz75fan »

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »
Academy Sports has the compact version. They have it stocked under the Tri-Star brand.

Hard to beat a brand new CZ Compact clone for only $350.  8)

EDIT: pic added
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:27:09 AM by JimThornTX »
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 BD POLICE
CZ 75 D Compact PCR
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 12:43:36 AM »
Just found this C-100 review from Handguns Magazine:

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2012/07/25/review-tristar-c-100-is-reliable/
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 BD POLICE
CZ 75 D Compact PCR
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline couchcommando

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 06:50:27 AM »
While looking for information on the Canik TP-9, I found it on sale at this site. http://www.chromedefense.com/tp-9-pistol-cal-9mm-para/ . Their prices look a little high on everything  so I think it can be found at a cheaper price with a further search.

I also noticed that the weight they have listed is way off. The Canik55 website has them listed at about 25 oz. Again the the big issue will be trying to get extra magazines for it.

Offline ComradePie

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
That T9 looks like a Kel-Tec PMR haha! Personally I prefer the regular one being marketed as the C100

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
  It seems like there was a Canik USA at some point, but it is no more. 

From what I can glean from the Canik55 Website, the Canik USA distributor was dropped in favor of Century Arms International acting as importer and support.  Perhaps this will work out so that more Canik 55 models can be imported.

http://www.canik55.com/index.php?lang=en

http://www.centuryarms.com/
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 09:14:28 AM »
I have the TP-9 and the Stingray C9 both are Canick models. The Tp-9 is very interesting comes with a holster setup for both paddle or belt loop attachments . Holds 18 rounds comes with  2 mags. The decocker mechanism is a weird shaped section in the top of the slide that you press in to decock the pistol It shot and functioned well on its first outing this past Sunday but the trigger is long and by far the strangest pull that I have experienced on a stirker fired pistol. It will require some practice to get decent groups. For $349.00 it makes a decent back up gun for my business. The Stingray C9 is very much a Cz clone and a pretty good one as well. Chrome barrel, 2 megar mags,adjustable rear sights, all steel frame and slide, trigger was very nice,crisp good double action as well. Shoot were you pointed it but I could improve groups by making a small adjustment on the rear sight. Did not come with a holster but I have holsters already that it fits in. It is on the heavy side but has minimal felt recoil and stayed right on target with rapid fire. Again this one was $349.00. Both shot flawlessly thru the first 150 rounds. We took some pics last nite ,I will try and put them up tomorrow. If I was planning on carry I would get the canick cz clone with the alloy frame. I have one more Turk nine coming the Sar ST 10 HK clone I put pics and short review on that up when it comes in. For the money these are very well made pistols ,all have functioned and shoot well for me. Brian/ EFR
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline couchcommando

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
Brian, good to read your report on the Century imported Canik models. When the TP-9 went into single action did the trigger pull still stay relatively long?
I am wondering if the Stingray C slide and barrel would fit and work on the C100 frame. My limited technological mind says it should. If it does it would make a really nice carry pistol.
Some information for those of us who have C100's from the previous importer. I e-mailed Tristar Monday and they say they will have magazines for the C100 in stock in 2 weeks. They say we will be able to order directly from them by calling the number listed on the website. No price was mentioned.
I see on Century's website they have magazines in stock for both Canik models they stock. I feel confident that the 13 rounders for the Stingray will fit and work in the C100.
Keep in mind that HiViz fiber optic sights and Meprolite night sights for the CZ 75 fit the C100. I have a set of Hiviz FO's on my C100 and they are a big help to my old eyes.

anything