Author Topic: CZ 455 American .22 lr Scope and Mounts  (Read 4973 times)

Offline CZ455American

CZ 455 American .22 lr Scope and Mounts
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:20 AM »
I am looking for any comments on my new rifle-scope combo & mounting:

Just purchased my 1st CZ in the 455 American .22 lr. I also purchased a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 40 scope with Talley CZ 11mm dovetail mounts in the "High" version. The scope is actually pretty long and the front has a lot of overhang. I am not sure if there is anything I can do about that. Also the High mount Talley rings are a little high but they are what Talley recommended with that scope so the bolt handle will clear the scope. The scope does clear the bolt handle and it's close. I really want the scopes front objective to be a little lower in the front but looking at the bolt handle clearance I'm thinking there is no way around this with that scope. One other thing, the way the Talley mounts are in 2 pieces kinda stinks when trying to mount the scope because the whole thing really needs both the top and bottom screws to be secure which makes the scope a little hard to adjust. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

Re: CZ 455 American .22 lr Scope and Mounts
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »
Nice glass!!  You are going to love that combo.

I quit using Talley rings for the exact reason that you so aptly described. I went to Burris Zee Rings, and I am a lot happier and less frustrated.

Here is a picture of my 455 American with medium height rings. The scope is an old US-made Redfield 4x with a 40mm objective.  It barely clears the barrel and the bolt handle has about a hair's clearance.  With any larger ocular, I would either have to go to high rings or alter the bolt handle.