Author Topic: compact accuracy?  (Read 3393 times)

Offline flinch

compact accuracy?
« on: November 26, 2001, 09:36:17 PM »
Any suggestions for improving accuracy in my compact?

The little thing shoots to the left at 10 or 15 or 20 yards.  Ive put 800 rounds through it in all brands with no  feeding problems.

I wondered if crowning the barrel would help? If I move the sights any further to the right they will stick half way off the slide. Any and all  help appreciated
Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Offline JH

compact accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 03:14:52 PM »
some one here on the forum once asked people to look at their CZ fixed rear sights to see if it was off-set to the left a bit and most of those who responded believed that they were.  The rear sight on my PCR appears to be a bit to the left while those on my 75B seam pretty much centered.

I would think that it your groups are tight you may want to move the rear sight a bit to the right to move the strike more to center.  

I practice at about 7-10 yards, practising drawing from concealment.  the so-called "gun-fight range" and the PCR is plenty accurate.  I have never tried shooting for group at 25 yards with the PCR so I don't know how far to the left it may be hitting at that distance.  The 75B shoots pretty well at 25 yards.  I would say to check out your rear sights. good luck.

Offline JH

compact accuracy?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 03:23:12 PM »
I missed your statement about having already moved the rear sight.  You might want to call Mike at CZ-USA.  You may want to check the muzzle and bore.  Years ago I bought a new SW 3913 when they first came out and it had a bur on the rifling at the muzzle.  I had their local authorized smith remove it.

Offline ut83

compact accuracy?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2001, 07:55:05 AM »
Give mike at czusa a call.  The fact that your slide is that far over and still shooting to the left would concern me a little.
See what he says about your gun and let us know. Shoot well