Author Topic: EAA SAR B6  (Read 33460 times)

Offline Bret

EAA SAR B6
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
Anyone have information about this pistol?  I found it on galleryofguns.com.  The price from them would be a little under $300 when all's said and done, but I don't know if they're offering the lowest price.  Anyone know of a better deal?  It looks like a compact and a regular version are available.

Will EAA 9mm compact magazines fit?  Any and all information is appreciated.

Offline FloridaCracker

EAA SAR B6
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »
Not specifically this pistol but I own two Sarsilmaz variants, an AR-24 in 9mm and a SAR K2 in .45.

They are fine pistols, made to NATO specs, have minimal machining marks, and shoot very accurately. The K2 has gone through every type of ammo I've fed it from 185 to 230 grains, jhp, FMJ, etc. without a single issue. On the other hand, the AR-24 had a definite break-in period and prefers hotter 124 grain loads. Shooting 115 grain ammo always results in one or two stove pipes per range outing. It's still one of my favorite guns to shoot.

That being said, I think Turkish pistols are very good and an even better value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. - Barack Obama, 2004
South Floridians, stops paying too much for guns and ammo: http://groupbuybulkammo.com

Offline Bret

Re: EAA SAR B6
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
I went ahead and ordered the compact version since I don't already have a compact polymer framed CZ type pistol (if I did already have one, I'd have figured up another justification).  I'll let y'all know how it checks out when I get it.  I'm also interested in seeing how the galleryofguns order process goes.  From looking at their website, it should be pretty straight forward, but dealers can sometimes be unpredictable.  The dealer that I selected has been pretty fair to me, so I'm expecting a postitive experience.

Offline FloridaCracker

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:11:59 AM »
I'm also interested in seeing how the galleryofguns order process goes.  From looking at their website, it should be pretty straight forward, but dealers can sometimes be unpredictable.  The dealer that I selected has been pretty fair to me, so I'm expecting a postitive experience.

I've used Davidson's Gun Genie to order three or four guns and it's always gone without a hitch. Your order should be at your dealer three business days later. You pay the balance and that's that :)
I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. - Barack Obama, 2004
South Floridians, stops paying too much for guns and ammo: http://groupbuybulkammo.com

Offline Bret

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »
They did ship it yesterday via FedEx 2nd Day, so I should have it tomorrow. ;D

The galleryofguns.com now says that they're sold out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:00:07 PM by Bret »

Offline FloridaCracker

EAA SAR B6
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 11:36:08 PM »
Did you get it yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bret

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »
Yes, I picked it up yesterday but have hardly even had a chance to fondle it.  It pretty much seems like a polymer small framed 9mm Witness Compact, but less bulky at the muzzle end of the pistol.  I'll try to get some pictures posted up tomorrow.

Offline Bret

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
Here are the pictures!

Notice the SAR Arms logo on the case.  It shows an outline of the continental US.  They obviously went through some effort to make this custom case which would lead me to believe that they were planning on setting up their own branch in the US.  This makes me wonder why they had EAA do the importing.

Label on the case.

Here's everything that was included in the case.

The pistol only came with one magazine, so I bought three more.

Right view.  I don't know if you can see it, but the same continental US logo that's on the case is also on the grip.

Left view disassembled.  Note the dual recoil spring assembly.

The grip would be too short for me without the magazine floor plate extension.  With the extension, the grip length is perfect.  The dots on the sight are of a decent size.  CZ should learn from EAA and SAR Arms.  The barrel is left in the white (unfinished carbon steel).  The plastic frame looks very similar to an EAA compact frame that I saw.  The only negative that I can think of at this point is that the pistol was imported by EAA.  Their warranty terms are pretty poor in my opinion.  Hopefully, it will be reliable as expected.  As a backup, I have Davidson's lifetime warranty anyway with this purchase, so I'm feeling pretty confident.  Given the price, it kind of makes me wonder if EAA is cannibalizing some of its Witness Compact business by offering this pistol for sale.  I'll let you know how it shoots.

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
Given the price, it kind of makes me wonder if EAA is cannibalizing some of its Witness Compact business by offering this pistol for sale.

EAA Witness is made by Tanfoglio in Italy. EAA SAR ARMS is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey. EAA is just the importer. As long as EAA is selling firearms, they are making money.  8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Bret

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
EAA Witness is made by Tanfoglio in Italy. EAA SAR ARMS is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey. EAA is just the importer. As long as EAA is selling firearms, they are making money.  8)
The SAR B6 Compact is less expensive than the polymer Witness Compact, so it's highly doubtful that EAA is making more per pistol off of the SAR than the Witness.  EAA can make more money by making additional sales overall.  However, if people who are interested in the EAA polymer Witness Compact buy the SAR B6 instead, EAA won't make additional money. 

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
The SAR B6 Compact is less expensive than the polymer Witness Compact, so it's highly doubtful that EAA is making more per pistol off of the SAR than the Witness.

Retail price is not necessarily an indicator of wholesale price. Maybe it's cheaper to import from Turkey than it is Italy. Also, how much profit you make per sale is not necessarily as important as how many sales you make each month. We have a local Nissan dealer that back when the Nissan Hardbody was very popular and everybody had to have one he sold them for only a few hundred dollars over invoice. Much cheaper than his competitors. But he sold hundreds of trucks each month. Another example, Hyundai and Kia are both owned by the same company. Both are made in the USA. Both offer great warranties. Both car brands are selling well. One brand is not really cannibalizing from the other brand. Some people will like the Hyundai more than the Kia, other people will like the Kia more than the Hyundai.

Same with EAA. Some people are going to like the Tanfoglio more, others are going to like the SAR more. Ultimately, EAA is not going to do anything that would jeopardize their bottom line. Just be glad we have another CZ-clone compact pistol option with a great price-point. 8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline mmb713

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
Davidson's warranty is truly "no bs." I sent a Ruger P90 back to them because the rear sight was seized. When Ruger sent it back refusing to fix it I again sent it back to Davidson's and they sent me a brand new gun. Now all my purchases go through them if they have the gun I want. And I don't buy Rugers anymore.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »
Very Interesting and very nice pics!  8)  Congratulations on your new SAR B6!  :)
Look forward to reading how it shoots!

The barrel is left in the white (unfinished carbon steel). 

Are you sure that it's not finished in Industrial Hard Chrome as the Witness Barrels are?  ??? The Recoil Spring Guide Rod is also probably finished in Industrial Hard Chrome.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Bret

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
Are you sure that it's not finished in Industrial Hard Chrome as the Witness Barrels are?  ??? The Recoil Spring Guide Rod is also probably finished in Industrial Hard Chrome.
Now that you mention it, I think you're corrrect.  I just stuck a magnet to it to see if it was stainless or not, but my brain didn't think beyond that.

Offline Bret

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
I took the new SAR B6 Compact to the range a couple of times.  On the first day I brought 25rds Geco 124gr FMJ, 50rds Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ, and 50rds of Remington UMC nickel cased 115gr FMJ.  Reliability was 100%.  Accuracy was decent and the recoil was more noticable versus a CZ75 Compact.

The next day I brought 25rds Geco 124gr FMJ, 50rds Federal American Eagle 147gr FMJ non-toxic, and 50rds Remington UMC nickel cased 115gr FMJ.  Reliability was 100% except that I had a failure to feed on the last magazine of the day.  One of the Remington cartridges got stuck pointing up in to the chamber.  A slight tug on the rear of the slide allowed the base of the cartridge to pop up and the cartridge to go forward.  Perhaps I should have cleaned the pistol sooner.  The feel of the pistol didn't seem as good on this day.  It still shot OK, but the accuracy wasn't as good.  I had a few flyers with each type of ammo.  The trigger reset is way long.  Basically, you have to almost let the trigger all the way forward.

Overall, it's a nice light CZ75 Compact clone.  Accuracy is plenty good for defensive purposes, but I wouldn't use it in a target competition.  At $300 I think it's a good value.  If you have the money, I'd spend the extra $50 to $75 or so and buy a Canik C100.  The weight of the Canik is about the same, but it doesn't feel quite as wide.  I'm glad to have this pistol in my CZ/clone collection.  If you want a plastic framed CZ75 Compact clone, then this is probably the best value out there.

anything