Author Topic: Question for people on this board  (Read 37168 times)

Offline CzechPoint

• www.czechpoint-usa.com
Question for people on this board
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »
I'm curious and I'm hoping you can shed some light on this question for me.   When people have problems, why do some not ask me for assistance in the "Ask Dan" section?  Or, send an e-mail directly to me?   Why do some people avoid contact with me and post their issues in the "VZ-58 semi auto rifle" section only? 

Very few people know D-Technik/CSA rifles better than me.  I handle the vast majority of warranty questions and warranty repairs.  Next month will be 4 years that CzechPoint officially launched and I've been working at CzechPoint since June, 2008.   I am looking for feedback as I find it strange that some people will post problems and yet not even contact me for assistance.  These are some ideas that I have for possible reasons that people do not contact me:

(1.) Dan is not responsive
(2.) Dan does not really know what he's talking about.   vz.58 rifle owners know more than he does.
(3.) I like to post my problem and see if other people have the same problem as me.  I'm not interested in what Dan has to say. 
(4.) I don't want to bother Dan, he's already busy enough.
(5.) I don't want to bother Dan, I heard he's a real jerk.
(6.) My rifle is not working and I'm really upset.  So my priority is to complain first as it makes me feel better.  Hopefully my complaining will yield some real information that can solve my problem. 
(7.) Dan has lots of gray hair and seems too old to yield any worthwhile information.
(8.) Dan is a former Marine grunt and I've heard those grunts are pretty dumb. 

OK, so I've added some silly ideas above to keep it on a lighter note.  But, I would like your opinion on why some people never contact me with their questions or issues.  When I have a problem I need help resolving, I go straight to the manufacturer for real answers.  My thinking is:  who is going to know the product more? 

I appreciate your assistance.

Dan

Offline 2fewdaysafield

Re: Question for people on this board
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
I'm curious and I'm hoping you can shed some light on this question for me.   When people have problems, why do some not ask me for assistance in the "Ask Dan" section?  Or, send an e-mail directly to me?   Why do some people avoid contact with me and post their issues in the "VZ-58 semi auto rifle" section only? 

Very few people know D-Technik/CSA rifles better than me.  I handle the vast majority of warranty questions and warranty repairs.  Next month will be 4 years that CzechPoint officially launched and I've been working at CzechPoint since June, 2008.   I am looking for feedback as I find it strange that some people will post problems and yet not even contact me for assistance.  These are some ideas that I have for possible reasons that people do not contact me:

(1.) Dan is not responsive
(2.) Dan does not really know what he's talking about.   vz.58 rifle owners know more than he does.
(3.) I like to post my problem and see if other people have the same problem as me.  I'm not interested in what Dan has to say. 
(4.) I don't want to bother Dan, he's already busy enough.
(5.) I don't want to bother Dan, I heard he's a real jerk.
(6.) My rifle is not working and I'm really upset.  So my priority is to complain first as it makes me feel better.  Hopefully my complaining will yield some real information that can solve my problem. 
(7.) Dan has lots of gray hair and seems too old to yield any worthwhile information.
(8.) Dan is a former Marine grunt and I've heard those grunts are pretty dumb. 

OK, so I've added some silly ideas above to keep it on a lighter note.  But, I would like your opinion on why some people never contact me with their questions or issues.  When I have a problem I need help resolving, I go straight to the manufacturer for real answers.  My thinking is:  who is going to know the product more? 

I appreciate your assistance.

Dan

Dan....

I am hearing someone who is a little frustrated.  I know what that is all about.  I have been in similar shoes before myself.  DROVE ME NUTS!!!!

Can't answer your questions but just want to say that when I lay out my hard-earned folding green for a new gun, the "what if" factor is always very important to me.  I want to know that if I get a "problem child"  (everybody has a few every now and then) the company is going to make things right for me...quickly and painlessly.  And I have EVERY CONFIDENCE that that is the case with CzechPoint.

Offline idiotsayswhat

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
Hi Dan,

I posted my issue on the board first because I thought it might have been a minor issue that needed some tweaking and nothing more.  I think some of us also know that Czechpoint has been uber busy as of late via the messages on Czechpoint requesting no one call for a status update on their order (ie the VZ58 rifle), and the 6 week wait times for the VZ58 rifle itself...  It was a combination of those two things that made me figure I'd ask on here first rather than add to the delay of another customers order... 

I can honestly say though that you were very prompt in your responses via email and were never rude. 

- Corey

Offline RogerCZ75Bfan

• Member,SSSSS-Sauna State Straight Shooters Society
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
#9) Dan is extremely busy as I think he pretty much does everything at Czechpoint. I probably should just check with knowledgeable forum members to see if an answer can be had before contacting Dan and pulling him away from all his multiple tasks.
I would have chosen the hypothetical #9) answer, however now I know the correct answer.
Three words.
Dan's the Man.
CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow * CSA Vz58

Offline DanielBoone

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »
Sir,

I think most people who post with issues have high respect for you and don't want to burden you, which is why I tried here first with my previous be smarter than the tool issue.  We know you all are overwhelmed, and I think people just want to avoid you extra work.  I'm sorry if my posts contributed to this - but since issues seemed to be popping up I asked the question.  I'd have to agree with:
#9) Dan is extremely busy as I think he pretty much does everything at Czechpoint. I probably should just check with knowledgeable forum members to see if an answer can be had before contacting Dan and pulling him away from all his multiple tasks.

I think pretty much everyone who has purchased from Czechpint would do so again. Hearing of other peoples problems here also increases the knowledge base of trouble shooting for the rest of us. 

Again, my vote is for you and Czechpoint - and I've been showing many people my new rifle - so far, everyone loves it.

Thank you for your hard work!

DB

Offline Tomburr

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
I'd say the answers are probably a combination of the 3, 4 & 6 options most often.

Also, you forgot: 9) I didn't pay any attention/Who is this Dan guy anyway? 

Offline ObiWanBonJovi

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
I think a lot of it is people want to understand the rifle themselves, rather than call the manufacturer, who in most cases(most manufacturers) will just have the rifle sent in rather than explaining how to do a simple fix. 
That's what happens on gun forums, don't take it as an affront to your company or your products, and certainly not to your customer service which has long been proven to be above and beyond.  I read a lot of forums, and can't think of a single product that hasn't been thoroughly discussed, including all issues that arise.  Simply put people like to post any problems they have ever had.  It happens, it's what we do.  Nobody likes to talk about how everything is just fine, those threads get boring quick.

other than that it must be #7 nobody trusts an old codger  ;)

Offline Striper Sniper

• Have fun, Be Prepared, Stay Safe.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »
Hi Dan,
I havent needed to call. My girl runs sweet! But i would if i had to! As far as i've heard the CS at czechpoint is great! Good to know your here for us!

Offline RogerCZ75Bfan

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »
Now that we're aware of #8, some may be more intimidated to ask functionality questions. You know what they say : ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE.
"What!!! You don't know your weapon??!! Get down and give me 50 you Mu%#$%fuc%^% maggot!

Offline kyron4

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
I'd say they don't want to bother you if it's something minor, so thay ask here and find out it was just a loose e-clip or they didn't get the cover on all the way. Remember the guy that put , or pounded his striker in up side down ?  ::)

Offline eth77

• 97B
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
Dan, I can feel your frustration, I'm sure I'm part of the problem.

I have refrained from calling as my weapon is old enough now that 1) it's obviously out of warranty, 2) I've put third party parts in it and that makes any problems with the weapon my problem, 3) you treated me very well when one of the two mags shipped with the weapon was defective so that I have only the most positive experience with Czechpoint.

The problem with the e-clip (prior to the installation of the new FCG) was solved and I hope that current products wouldn't have that problem. I probably should have called to give you a heads up prior to my posting.

I'm embarrassed to say, that I too have gotten the rear bolt cover cocked and had trouble with the bolt carrier, but it's been a long time and I forgot that little pilot error problem.

For the record - Czechpoint, in my opinion, is one of the best organizations I've ever done business with, period.
Liberty, it starts with self ownership. You own you. Everyone owns themself. The essence of freedom and liberty is to allow everyone to pursue THEIR idea of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness. In doing so, they may not violate your right to the same goals. Thus All crime is property crime.

Offline Roadking Moose

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:14 PM »
For me it's #3, except for the last part because i am interested in what you have to say, but it looked like the OP had the same problem I do.
I also thought since I bought just a reciever for a kit build it wouldn't be covered the same as a complete rifle.
One other reason, I very rarely look at the "child boards" any more.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
I don't usually post problems - I usually don't have any. If I do post problems, it would definitively be #4...or #8, being an ex-squid myself. ;)

CzechpointUSA has outstanding service and support, and supply a product superior to any like it on the market, in my humble opinion.

Offline RogerCZ75Bfan

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:22 AM »
I don't usually post problems - I usually don't have any. If I do post problems, it would definitively be #4...or #8, being an ex-squid myself. ;)

CzechpointUSA has outstanding service and support, and supply a product superior to any like it on the market, in my humble opinion.

Well said and I highly agree. One must be very familiar with his rifle. For a Vz.58 beginner, careful attention should be paid to make sure you have that dust cover on properly. Flush on both sides. Apparently, it's a common oversight. I believe I've gotten there now.

Offline DanielBoone

Idea for Dan?
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 02:33:32 AM »
What about a closed thread, although one that Dan can add to - for troubleshooting for VZ owners?  I mean one beyond what comes in the manual.  I.E. - small slip ups such as dust cover, debris blocking trigger, etc.  Just a thought...

anything