Author Topic: Strange wear on lower reciever  (Read 683 times)

OC-CZ

Strange wear on lower reciever
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
I got my 52 not so long ago and finally had the chance to do some serious shooting with it. Iv been shooting that Bulgarian ammo and it seems better then some of the Romanian stuff that I have ran though it before (softer primers and maybe a little hotter)
Anyway, when I took the gun apart to clean it, I noticed that under the rollers on the lower reciever; the parkerization is worn and that there are little imprints of the rollers on the reciever just above the trigger. Is this normal wear?

the imprints are just behind that hole above the trigger on this pic:
www.makarov.com/graphics/cz52/Cz52.jpg

Offline Floyd9

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
Thats whats gonna happen, you got two little spinnin' rollers, they're gonna wear down something! I'm sure you'll find that every CZ-52 out there has the same wear. I lube the rollers well, but its still gonna wear the finish. Not a big deal at all.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Especially when you consider that Parkerization (manganese phosphate) isn't intended to be extremely wear-resistant.  

Its main purpose is to prevent rust and to HOLD oil to prevent corrosion.  Its not a HARD, hard finish.

OC-CZ

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 06:13:37 PM »
im really not worried about the park wearing down, thats bound to happen. I'm more worried about the imprints of the rollers into the metal.

Offline skucera

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 10:04:31 PM »
Don't worry about that wear too much.  It is probably just wearing off the phosphate coating.  Hypothetically, that wear in the finish may have been accelerated if you didn't have the gun well lubricated before you went out shooting.

Some folks skimp on oil, but this pistol likes to run slightly wetter than some.  The tolerances aren't so tight that a little dust will foul it up and keep it from cycling, so don't worry about trying to blot every "extra" drop of oil out of it after you lube it.  And by wetter I don't mean that it should drip oil like a horseless carriage either.

Scott