Author Topic: Duo Tone, or Duracoat?  (Read 965 times)

Offline hAkron

Duo Tone, or Duracoat?
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
I saw a used CZ75B at a gun show this weekend.  It appeared to be a Duo Tone with a satin nickel frame and a poly slide.  The only problem is that the safety detent on the frame wasn't painted red.  I doubt that it left the factory that way, and I've never seen one wear out, especially since the rest of the finish was 100%.  I've never seen a satin nickel up close, nor a silver colored duracoat up close to say for sure, but to me it looks like a refinish.  Any thoughts?

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Duo Tone, or Duracoat?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
Depending on the Cleaning “Solvent” used to keep it clean, the Red Paint could have just gone by-by over time
The Nickel will have a bit of a gold hue to it under light
If it's at a good price, why worry ?
He's not a Slow President, and he's not a Fast President....He's a Half Fast President

Offline Ernest T

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
Just picked mine up today.  It has the red safety dot, but whoever painted it didn't stay within the lines...........got a little red on the frame.  Here is a photo of the Duo Tone.  I think the slide is blued not polycoat:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:32:38 PM by Ernest T »

Offline drummerboy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
My red safety dot fell off of my polished SS. I just used nail polish and a toothpick to replace it.
CZ PRO-TEK I, CZ85B, CZ75B SS Polished , CZKadet, Kel-Tec P-11

Offline marine6680

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
Mine came off of my nickle 9mm.. but my dual tone 40 still has the red paint. The 9mm is newer, go figure.

They have two part epoxy paints that can hold up to chemicals pretty well, if your worried about using fingernail polish, or sight paint.

anything