Author Topic: Canik-USA  (Read 12418 times)

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
Canik-USA
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:13 AM »
Anybody know what happened to Canik-USA in Colorado? They were once named the sole importer for Canik55 in the USA in 2010. Now it appears they don't exist anymore. Sure would be nice if only one company did the importing, like CZ-USA does with CZ. Instead of having Canik55's imported by different companies using different names for the same pistols.

Anybody know of a dealer importing the Canik55 Piranha? I have seen the Stingray, Shark, and Dolphin for sale online at various dealers. But I haven't found a Piranha for sale. I really like the looks of it. Reminds me of a CZ97 except that it's a 9mm instead of a 45.
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Re: Canik-USA
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
I have been looking for that same model ,hopefully Buds Gunshop .com or another one of the big wholesalers will start carrying that model. I bought shark shark last week ,it should arrive today or tomorrow. I am hoping the hurricane that hit us will not delay it further. I am one of the lucky few around here that actually has power right now. I am in Easton Pa which is a little over a 100 miles from the coast and there is serious damage around here downed power line and poles, downed trees ,building damages and some serious fires fueled by the high winds. One gentleman just mlies to the west in Whitehall Pa got killed when he took his dog out to go -tree came down and killed him on his own back porch. Much of my own town is with out power.  Everybody stay safe.  Brian / EFR
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
Just bought a new Canik C-100 from the fellow in Colorado,he is no longer in the business, had problems evidently with the supplier in Turkey. My understanding is that Tri Star in Texas is now one of the sellers, check out thier website, they have the C100. Next look at Century Arms International who seems to be the new distributor for other Caniks.... Spad
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:04:22 PM by Spad2008 »
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
Yes tri star is selling the caniks ,but right now buds gunshops .com has more different models , all see coming from tri star is the C 100 series . I don't care who is selling them I just want all the models to become readily available. Now this hurricane has slowed my shark model delivery no mail ups or fedex today, a bummer, but at least my family and friends came thru this lousy hurricane pretty unscathedjuat having problems with the power staying on at my business. At some point i am sure we will see the piranha model become available. Maybe I will add a 120 or 120 light the canik collection as well. Another one that I am drawn to is the shark compact. I have 3 caniks and by the weekend it should be 4 with the shark ported model.  Brian / EFR
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
Canik USA couldn't come to an agreement on decent pricing on anything but the compact they where selling at the time so Dean had to close up shop. Too bad as he was a great guy to deal with.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline JimThornTX

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
According to their website, TriStar is based in Kansas City, MO. http://www.tristararms.com/about-tristar-sporting-arms.php TriStar does offer several different firearms but only one Canik55 handgun: the C-100. I played with a C-100 at Academy. I liked it a lot. And $350 is a great price.

If Century is the majority importer I wonder if I could contact them about the Piranha?  8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
If Century is the majority importer I wonder if I could contact them about the Piranha?  8)

You could email Century, Tristar, and Buds about the Piranha.  Between the three of them, maybe ONE of them will have an idea on how to get one.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Thanks for the correction on TriStars location, don't know were I got the Texas from....Spad
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »
All I know is that the three I have function fantastic and are very accurate. The shark that I am expecting sometime this week will probably end up being the wife's since its ported  further reducing recoil. Our business model has always been everything that we build is for sale since we can always build another . In the last six months we built 6 cz 75 pre B's with novaks and other sight systems and sold them all figuring that we could get more. Cz have dried up a few here and there . The canik's are a nice option and reasonably priced. If she like's the Shark than that will be her's to keep. I am also considering picking up a 120 light and a 120 standard model to customize at the prices they go for it's a viable option till cz's are more plentiful. Brian /EFR
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline tekarra

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
Brian,
Have you seen the 120 light for sale?

Offline JimThornTX

CZ 52