Author Topic: Canik Shark FC 9mm  (Read 27562 times)

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Canik Shark FC 9mm
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »
Finally getting my deliveries again since this lousy hurricane hit and low and behold my Canik Shark FC ported 9mm arrived . I spent the extra 10 bucks and got the hard chromed version full size model.  The pistol came with 2 mags cleaning stuff, manual and case-nothing else. Fit and finish beautiful, single action trigger very nice -double action a little on the heavy side and combat /novak style rear sight. Nice and tight pistol. I will have my son take some pictures of it and we will get them posted as soon as possible. I will shoot it as soon as possible and get some target pics as well. The frame is aluminum alloy ,but with the ported barrel I would expect recoil to be minimum.  I am sure that after I shoot this baby this weekend I will most likely order in the compact version for stocking purposes as well as the 120 or 120 light model- very nicely made pistol and I would expect that it should perform aswell as the other canik CZ clones that I own. Pics as soon as possible Brian / EFR
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
Re: Canik Shark FC 9mm
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Can't wait to see pics and a range report.  I like the looks of the Shark. Reminds me of the Desert Eagle.  8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline tekarra

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
Waiting for your report and photos.

Offline wiseanhyzer

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »
Yeah the Shark caught my eye too.  Looking forward to the pics & range report.

Offline CoGT3

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »
Did not know the Shark was made on an Aluminum frame!  Could be really interesting for a home gun the wife would use if the ports don't spit too much fire.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
I should have the pics available to post tonight, My son is creating a new feature for my website just for the pistols that I buy for testing purposes and review to keep them out of our picture gallery for cerakoted firearms. I will be shooting this pistol on Saturday ,Sunday and on Tuesday next week. I have several other shooters including one new shooter so that I can get some other opinions besides my own on how  this pistol performs . I like aluminum alloy frames because I like light weight pistols , of course steel will last longer and give reduced recoil effects . This pistol however with it's six ports in the barrel should not cause any shooter an issue with recoil. Shooing will be at Easton Fish and game outside of Easton, Pa , if you want to try it out give a call at 610-252-5334 you are welcome to come along I have guest passes for the range. Brian /EFR
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
Here are the pics of the Shark FC Canik 55 pistol

NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline LantanaTX

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Beautiful!  Looks like a cross between a CZ 75 and 52
TriStar Canik 55 L-120 (light clone of CZ 75B
TriStar Canik 55 C-100 (Light alloy clone of CZ 75 Compact
CZ 52
CZ 83 and 82
Radom P-64

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
Congratulations!  :)  Very very Nice!  8) Reminds me a bit of the IMI Desert Eagle.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:42:54 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 01:43:35 AM »
Congratulations!  :)  Very very Nice!  8) Reminds me a bit of the IMI Desert Eagle.

Yep, definitely a clone of the Desert Eagle.
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 07:16:58 AM »
Bud's already upped the price on this pistol $40.00 since I bought it last Thursday ,the 120 series went up in price as well.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Aiden528

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
I was at our local gun show this morning and came across both a Tristar C100, and a Canik Shark. I was impressed with the quality of both pistols though I did find I had one issue with the shark. A thumbs forward grip places the slide release way to far back for me to grip the pistol properly. For folks with smaller hands I'm sure having the slide release set back on the frame will be a positive, it just doesn't work for me.
"There is nothing more elusive than an obvious fact" ~ Sherlock Holmes

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
We test fired the Canik Shark FC 9 this morning and compared with a CZ Spo1 as well as against the Tri star C100 compact with alloy frame and a adjustable rear sight that I installed on it to correct a point of aim verses point of impact issue. The Canik Shark was impressive and shot a very nice 7yard group with S&B 115 grain ammo bested only slightly by the CZ SPO1. The tristar C100 did very well with the upgraded sight and shot a nice group as well . On Tuesday I will shoot the Shark at 15 yards and again compare it to the CZ SPO1 and then we will move it back to 25 yards and then 50 yards. The only function is this moring was with the CZ both Caniks performed flawlessly today. I will put up our range Target Pics on Tuesday after the 15 yard and twenty five yard sessions. Brian / EFR
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline LantanaTX

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »
We test fired the Canik Shark FC 9 this morning and compared with a CZ Spo1 as well as against the Tri star C100 compact with alloy frame and a adjustable rear sight that I installed on it to correct a point of aim verses point of impact issue. The Canik Shark was impressive and shot a very nice 7yard group with S&B 115 grain ammo bested only slightly by the CZ SPO1. The tristar C100 did very well with the upgraded sight and shot a nice group as well . On Tuesday I will shoot the Shark at 15 yards and again compare it to the CZ SPO1 and then we will move it back to 25 yards and then 50 yards. The only function is this moring was with the CZ both Caniks performed flawlessly today. I will put up our range Target Pics on Tuesday after the 15 yard and twenty five yard sessions. Brian / EFR

Thank you for the update.  Looking forward to hearing more.
TriStar Canik 55 L-120 (light clone of CZ 75B
TriStar Canik 55 C-100 (Light alloy clone of CZ 75 Compact
CZ 52
CZ 83 and 82
Radom P-64

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
Here's my update on the shark shoots fantastic I have target pics -will get to them shortly. We have shot this one from 7 to 25 yards using nothing more than armscor 124 gr and had excellent results . I have been teaching 2 new shooters this week using 10 different handsguns from 9mm to 45 acp and both of my students kept coming back to the shark ,they liked the mild recoil of the ported barrel and the trigger feel and the ergonomics of the pistol. I sold it to one of the students this morning and am ordering 2 more a compact for me and another fullsize for the other student. They shot Cz's ,sigs ,golcks a Daewoo Dp 51, a polish Mag 98, 1911's  and 9mm Makarov type pistols, they both settled on the shark  model. Brain /EFR
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector