Author Topic: Bonesteel arms handguard  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Cheesesteak

Bonesteel arms handguard
« on: December 15, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
I'm looking into one (second).....Any pics from owners and how do you like them?
Btw, is there a 'show us your 58 sticky'. I would like to see how they have been set up, camo'd etc!
Thanks...

Offline thejsm

Re: Bonesteel arms handguard
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »
I purchased a pair of the seconds, the top is great. the lower, ehh. It's OK, the pin alignment was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off, I'm talking half of the metal is protruding in after hammering it on solid. I had to file it down (not the best idea) to get a pin even in. The stock pin will slide right out after shooting it, the extra large tension pin it comes with well holds for now from what I can see. Good luck getting it out is all I can think for cleaning. I probably wouldnt even remove it for cleaning because its so tight. These may be one of few options but I cant say I'm ecstatic. Writing these off as a poorer investment.

Offline JAPartridge

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:40:37 AM »
Well it is a second.... just pony up the extra $ and get a normal set of the Bonesteel hand guards... so far I like mine just fine.
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline thejsm

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
They were out or I would have purchased them. Don't get me wrong, they do the job for the most part, but they lack the articulation to be a omg well designed part that just works all the time. Too much tinkering required, in installation and on cleaning of the weapon.

Offline Cheesesteak

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
Thanks for info...I ordered a set. I'm hoping for minor cosmetics and not poor functionality.

Offline sabaala24

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
Do the bonesteel handguards come with rail covers?

Offline JAPartridge

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »
No... in fact I don't know of any hand guards that come with rail covers...
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline ekim

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
I purchased a pair of the seconds, the top is great. the lower, ehh. It's OK, the pin alignment was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off, I'm talking half of the metal is protruding in after hammering it on solid. I had to file it down (not the best idea) to get a pin even in. The stock pin will slide right out after shooting it, the extra large tension pin it comes with well holds for now from what I can see. Good luck getting it out is all I can think for cleaning. I probably wouldnt even remove it for cleaning because its so tight. These may be one of few options but I cant say I'm ecstatic. Writing these off as a poorer investment.

Thanks for that review.  I'll just have to wait for some non-seconds to get back in stock.

anything