Author Topic: Canik Stingray  (Read 4729 times)

Offline alexmsw

Re: Canik Stingray
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »
I am waiting to receive mine and was wondering if you had an IWB holster for it and if so what kind. 

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 06:43:01 PM »
I put a little over 300 rounds through my Stingray today.  I was shooting at a 6 plate tree and firing as fast as I could keep the 17 round mags loaded.  I was trying to get the barrel as hot as I could to see if the roll pin would hold.  So far so good for this session, but I'm definately keeping an eye on it. 

Alex, I don't see me every carrying the Stingray, so I am almost ready to order this kit.  They do make an IWB version.  I have leather pancake holster for my P2000 that fits pretty good but I want to try this kit out.  David

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_54_137&products_id=2168

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »
Finally got to shoot my Stingray again today.  Put 400 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147 grain through it with no issues.  I now have 700 rounds through it since loctiting the front sight roll pin in.  Doesn't seemed to have moved.  So I have about 1100 round through it and not a stoppage yet.  I do clean after every range session, but I am definately loving this thing as a range toy.  I was shooting two handed standing at 50 yards today and only 4 rounds were not in the sillouette of the FBI "Q" target I was using.  I really love it when you find a gun that makes you look like a better shot than you are.  ;D   

Also I bought some VZ grips for my CZ75 semi compact.  It took more filing to fit the VZ grips to my CZ75 that it took to fit the CZ VZ grips to my Canik.  My Canik may soon dethrone my semi compact as my favorite.  David

anything