Author Topic: WTB : Federal CZ 52 7.62x25 threaded barrel  (Read 8368 times)

Offline Seanb23

WTB : Federal CZ 52 7.62x25 threaded barrel
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
Looks like Mak.com is all out of stock, and no more are expected.  The website says to get them now, before they sell out, and I tried just that, but they informed me that they are indeed out via email.

Any ideas on where to locate one of these, with the better rollers, in vg to new condition ?

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »
Try Sportsman's guide.  They had regular and threaded last week when I called to try to get a ported.

Offline Seanb23

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
Well, I found it :

www.sportsmansguide.com/c...X2&i=98734

It is described as "blued."  If I recall, the Federal barrels that mak.com had were stainless.

So, how do these compare with the other ones ?  Do they come with the same hardened rollers ?

Thanks again !

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 08:40:50 PM »
Don't know.  Another member here (jdknight36) bought a couple of the ported from them.  You may try shooting him PM.  

As to the rollers I think I read on makarov.com that they are a little soft and will get out of round.

Offline CZ Flash

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 08:42:03 PM »
Sean,  

try  www.e-gunparts.com

They have everything for the CZ-52

JOE

jdknight36

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 07:52:30 AM »
The two barrels I have are nice.  They are blued and not stainless.  For the money it is a good deal.  My shoot groups are tight and I hit a hanging target at 35 meters every time.  The stock barrels I tend to shoot low and to the left, but the ported barrels cleared up that problem.  The roller are good, it did not say if they are hardened.  I am sure you can just order a set and change them out if you like. good luck and have fun.  Always good to try something new with my czs.

Offline Seanb23

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 07:45:21 PM »
The order form gives you a choice between "barrel" and "threaded"...I assume "barrel" is ported, and "threaded" is not ?

Or are both ported ?

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:57 PM »
No, threaded is threaded and barrel is barrel.  Sportsman's Guide is out of ported.

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 12:23:14 AM »
I bought a threaded one and it too is blued.  Seems to be of pretty good quality and is 6 groove rifled, not 4 like the factory barrels.

Offline Seanb23

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 03:06:17 AM »
How are your groups as compared to the factory ?  Does it tend to shoot more on center, or low ?

I asked Makarov.com what they thought about this situation, and here is what they said :

Quote:
"We have our Muzzle brakes online and available now, not sure what to tell you about the other barrels, they were all made in Korea for Federal Arms, however there were alot of them that were sub standard and suppose to be rejected. It is my understanding that these barrels were never returned to the factory, and were later sold off as surplus when FAC went out of business. Not sure who ended up with them. We are working with a USA barrel maker to make barrels for the CZ52 but I expect it will be late summer before even the first prototypes are finished."

So it looks like a crapshoot ?

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 10:38:02 AM »
Haven't shot it yet.  It is for a project gun I am planning on doing but that's for another thread.  If I make it out to shoot this week, I'll put it in and see what it does.

ol-smokie

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »
I got one from makarov.com and put it on my first CZ52 with the 6 port break. (see picture) I thought it shot well, but that gun has had problems with the trigger group and other issues, and rather than spend any more $ on it, it's become a parts gun..... but I thought the threaded barrel was fine, plus it attracted a bit of attention on the firing line, it was from Classic. My other one from Black Bear is flawless....

Shoot safe,

smokie

Offline Custom Gun

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 04:47:05 PM »
I just recieved my new threaded bbl from Sportsman supply yesterday.  I would say the quality is excellent, very well finished and nicely blued.  I did notice that the rifling is oposite rotation from the stock bbl.  I will use this bbl with Mak's 6 hole compensator as part of a complete custom package on the CZ52 I'm working on at present.