Author Topic: CZ 40B differences from 75B in .40 cal  (Read 1728 times)

Offline kerncat

CZ 40B differences from 75B in .40 cal
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:06 AM »
Haven't been on the board for a while and need a little input.  I've had a number of CZ's over the years and really like them.  I have not had a 40B (have had a 75 in .40)...CZ's usually fit my hands great (even the bit 97) but I've heard the grip on the CZ40 is quite a bit different.  I can' t "handle" the  gun as it's out of the area and I don't want to try and "make do" with something that is not what I want...I'm in no hurry and can wait for a 75.  Also is the 40B sort of an "offshoot" what with it's history with Colt, etc?  I'm not familiar with anything other than what I read on Angus's reporting.  Biggiest issue for me is ergonimics and fit...many thanks
Kerncat

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
Re: CZ 40B differences from 75B in .40 cal
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »
it's a completely different gun in terms of frame and slide. i found it to be bigger than a regular CZ, but I made slim grips for it. other than that, it's a lot ligther since it's frame is alloy, not steel, and it's very shootable. i spent my first two years shooting uspsa with it and got a boatload of rounds through it. good gun, just a departure from the rest of the steel framed CZs.

Offline handgun2

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
burning squirrels,

do yo still own and shoot the 40B?  your expieriences and reporting were the basis for my purchasing one about 2yrs ago.  I also basically copied your thin grip idea bybuying a extra set of grips and peeling the rubber off and then adding grip tape on.

mine has always shot everthing i put in it.. very accurate and thus led me to my current addiction to CZ's, now a PO6, 75b .40 and a new Kadet kit.

anyways, your well and shootin straight!
cheers
k

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »
I put it down in 2010 when I switched to competing with the SP-01 and got serious in USPSA. It hasn't been shot since., lol. I still wouldn't mind having a like new one to use for carry. However, I now have PCRs for that purpose.

Offline handgun2

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
tell me a bit about PCR's,,    your thoughts, impressions, etc.     any idea how it compares to a PO6? in grip, 'feel', etc.
your thoughts appreciated.

thanks

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:50:20 PM »
Same thing as a po6, just 9 mm.