Author Topic: Witness Polymer Trigger Question  (Read 1586 times)

Offline scole1203

Witness Polymer Trigger Question
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:28 AM »
This has me stumped.  Tried out a Witness P in .40 last week.  After running a few mags thru it I noticed my trigger finger was feeling kind of beat up.  Does that sound normal?  I have a Witness Elite Match and a Ruger LC9.  Neither of these or my long guns gives me any issues. 

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Witness Polymer Trigger Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
Sounds like your Trigger Finger has been the victim of "Trigger Slap" where the Trigger Linkage is impacted during Slide Travel in some manner.

I have heard of this happening on the Polymer Witnesses, and I believe the fix may be in the Disconnector System somewhere.  Contact EAA about a fix and see what they say.  I would be very interested in finding out what the "Fix" is exactly.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline RICK 9

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Just received my witness p and 9 mm cleaned it ran a few mags through and am getting the same trigger slap. I will try and find time to get a hold of EAA,  please post if you get a hold of them before i do. I am pretty depressed about the whole thing. All I read was good reviews. But I am sure it can be fixed. I fixed a CIA AK-with excessive trigger slap,  pretty easy really. Hopefully this goes the same way.

Offline RICK 9

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
UPDATE   Had some free time today so i hosed down trigger and hammer componets with kroil
and would you believe no more trigger slap  :) 

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:42:12 PM »
UPDATE   Had some free time today so i hosed down trigger and hammer componets with kroil
and would you believe no more trigger slap  :)

Sweet!  8)  Something must be hanging up in the Trigger Linkage.  Would like to know exactly what it is.  I still think it has something to do with the Disconnector Timing.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

anything