Author Topic: 527 American M1 Synthetic stock  (Read 1824 times)

Offline jimny

527 American M1 Synthetic stock
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »
Local gun store has one of these. New, not used. Googled this model and saw accuracy problems and feeding problems -say it isn't so. Just looking for honest fedback from satisfied CZ owners.
Thanks,

Jim

Offline buddy.223

Re: 527 American M1 Synthetic stock
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
 first i must say im a real cz fan and have several. i bought a new one of these over a year ago so i dont realy know if cz addressed any of the problems i had (in.223) as i wanted a light weight hunting outfit and liked the look of the flush mag, trading in a walnut stocked american.  i made the mistake of ordering one without actually shooting it first on the assumption that it would be as good as my other rifles.   the stock was very light and the forend as flimsy as a stick of celery, so much so the barrel would knock against the forend while walking gently, and when a moderator was fitted the barrel was actually touching the stock permantly,(forget about a bipod)  as you can imagine this did nothing for the accuracy.  mine unfortunatly came from the factory with the stock not properly fitted to the action, needing a couple of plastic burs removing to let the trigger guard (mag housing) to fit into the groove on the bottom of the action, this greatly improved the feeding of the rounds which up to that point had been terrible with the bolt face actually skipping over the round instead of chambering them.  as for the 3 shot mags they got damaged (spread the jaws) when tring to load the third round into them, i had them modified with different springs, using the 5 shot mag from another rifle meanwhile. i only kept it a couple of months and infact it was because of this rifle i started using this forum.

Offline jimny

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
Thanks, buddy 223. I'm also a CZ fan with a 75B pistol and 452 silhouette rifle.  I don't think I need a problem child right now. Plus the 1/12 twist limits what weight bullets I can use.

Jim

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
I am a CZ fan.  But a guy bought one from my LGS  and had nothing but problems from it.  Had to send it back to CZUSA for some work.  He sold it when it came back.  Said it was not normal CZ quality.