Author Topic: EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Holsters  (Read 2927 times)

Offline vikingtraveler

EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Holsters
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »
Hey guys, new to the forum!

I just picked one of these up and a couple of extra magazines in no small part to the reviews here.  Went to the range this weekend, but was only able to put around 30 rounds through it since I lack a large supply of 45 currently.  I hate the current climate.  Gun seemed to be very accurate and fed and ejected very well.  No complaints.  As everyone has said here, it seems to be of good quality, fit and finish.

I was thinking of trying to use this as a CDP gun for IDPA this season, assuming that the craziness will allow me to get enough ammo to compete.  Does anyone have a line on a good holster to use for this gun?  IDPA wants it to be designed for the gun, and my local club is very strict about gear, no uncle mikes etc.  None of my holsters fit it.  I have a hennings holster for my 40 cal witness match, but that holster doesn't work.  Might be because my holster is for a non-railed witness, but it seems to hang up way before it gets to that point.  My guess is it is because the frame is much wider.  Any leads on a holster that either fits the gun very well, or is made specifically for the gun would be very much appreciated.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Holsters
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:05:15 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!  :)

Any leads on a holster that either fits the gun very well, or is made specifically for the gun would be very much appreciated.

So far, the only belt Holster I have to fit the SAR K2-45, is the open top Tagua Holster for the H&K USP 45.  It's also what I call a conditional fit.  It will probably take a bit of working the Leather a bit to obtain a smooth draw.  My main issue with Tagua Holsters in general is that their internal finish seems rough and hard on Gun Finishes.  Looking for some way to smoothen them.

The next Holster I plan to try is the Safariland 568 Series Custom Fit for the H&K USP.  Holsters for the Springfield XDM .45 might also fit.  I'm researching the issue.

By the way............

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:08:30 AM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

Offline richief

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:45:21 AM »
the blackhawk serpa for glock 21 fits my k2 45's just fine, only holster I have found for them so far.

Offline mattwestm

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »
There is a guy on here that makes leather OWB holsters for the K2

Offline bugboy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »
I guess I'd better get off my lazy butt and get to work on K2 holsters.  I've got one cut out, just need to glue, sew, vinegroon and finish it.

I'll get pictures up as soon as it is done.

Here is a pic of one that is waiting to get shipped out to Brian Ahearn (this one is a snap on type in horsehide, the one in progress is a standard pancake in cowhide)

Kurt
SP-01 Shadow
P-01
CZ 83
vz2008
SAR K2 45
and some other "stuff"

Offline bugboy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »
Posted a finished holster for SAR K2 45 in Buy Sell Trade.

Kurt
SP-01 Shadow
P-01
CZ 83
vz2008
SAR K2 45
and some other "stuff"

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
I am happy with the holster and carriers I will try them out on Friday.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
I have a set of a Holster and Carriers on order from bugboy.  Will post about them after I get them and Range Test them.  8)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Received bugboy's SAR K2-45 Pancake Holster yesterday and it is excellent in fit and finish!

Another Holster that can be used with the SAR K2-45 is:

Safariland Custom Fit # 568-744-411 (Black, Right Hand) Excellent fit, muzzle sticks out about 3/8", which does not seem to be a problem, as the Sight Channel keeps the Front Sight from snagging.

Offline baconyoung

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »
I just purchased the Safariland 568-49-411 (RH version), a custom fit holster that adjusts to the gun, for my SAR K2 45 to try/use until I can find an IWB which is what I really want.  Safariland's “Pistols–Concealment” “Will Fit Code Chart” lists the following holsters for the SAR Arms/SARK2:

•   Model 568-49-xxx: Custom Fit Holster OWB
•   Model 1090-140-2 : "Gun Quick" Shoulder Holster

Springtac Holsters “Holsters Fit Chart” (under EAA Corp. SAR K2, ST 10) offers the 5” IWB tactical holster for weapons with rail attachments.

I also purchased a leather IWB holster for my FNP 45 that many people rave about from a company called Winthrop Holsters.  I asked a customer service representative about one for the SAR K2 and they sounded optimistic about offering one soon.  I was the third person that had asked.  I believe the more request they get the higher the probability they will offer one soon. 

I should receive both holsters tomorrow.  Updates may follow.

Offline goodmanale

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
I just had a custom one made for me from Bugboy on the CZ forum here.

Offline Smitty79

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
For IDPA, is there any reason I can't use a customer Kydex holster?    I just had one made for my K2.   I had it made with a Tech-Lok bolt pattern.   I like those for 3 gun.   Now I have a good gun/holster for heavy metal.
CZ85B, SAR K2 45, Dan Wesson Heritage and Oh yes, some Glocks,  a Ruger, Smith wheel gun and a Kahr.