Author Topic: Zastaza M85 Mannlicher 7.62x39  (Read 8328 times)

Offline banzai510(hainz)

Zastaza M85 Mannlicher 7.62x39
« on: February 27, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
I just recieved my 2 M85s Mannlichers 7.62x39 from Century arms Inter. $480 apc

I have to say DONT buy a Zastava unless you have it in your hands and work the bolt . I ordered these and took them anyway

Trigger is good. Blueing is good. Manlicher wood inlet is OK not free floated better like the CZ 452s I have.

Bolt is hard to work ,rough and when you close the bolt it would be about 50% closed then get hard and have to really push or hand palm it down to lock.. Seems like Im reheadspacing the shell as I hammer that bolt down with my palm.
ejects great. Gun specs hold 5 but only could get 4 in one of the guns.

I guess I will have to shoot it maybe it will get better .i like the shortness of of the carbine and the cheap(well was cheap) cal of the 7.62x39 thats why i wanted this gun but hands down the CZ is better. Just wished they made the 527 carbine in a mannlicher set up.with a Butterknife handle like they used to make in the old days.
CZ 527 bolt is smoother and all the ammo locks down perfect with the bolt.
Even My preWW1 DWM Mausers are smoother than these Yugos.

Buy a CZ or better yet get the new made in USA Wincherster Mod 70s extremes for 650$

Offline jdubya87

Re: Zastaza M85 Mannlicher 7.62x39
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
I just recieved my 2 M85s Mannlichers 7.62x39 from Century arms Inter. $480 apc

I have to say DONT buy a Zastava unless you have it in your hands and work the bolt . I ordered these and took them anyway

Trigger is good. Blueing is good. Manlicher wood inlet is OK not free floated better like the CZ 452s I have.

Bolt is hard to work ,rough and when you close the bolt it would be about 50% closed then get hard and have to really push or hand palm it down to lock.. Seems like Im reheadspacing the shell as I hammer that bolt down with my palm.
ejects great. Gun specs hold 5 but only could get 4 in one of the guns.

I guess I will have to shoot it maybe it will get better .i like the shortness of of the carbine and the cheap(well was cheap) cal of the 7.62x39 thats why i wanted this gun but hands down the CZ is better. Just wished they made the 527 carbine in a mannlicher set up.with a Butterknife handle like they used to make in the old days.
CZ 527 bolt is smoother and all the ammo locks down perfect with the bolt.
Even My preWW1 DWM Mausers are smoother than these Yugos.

Buy a CZ or better yet get the new made in USA Wincherster Mod 70s extremes for 650$

Thanks for the review. Link for the Zastavas? Maybe some lapping compound would help on the bolt? Is the bolt in the white?

Does winchester make a Mod 70 in 7.62x39?

Offline banzai510(hainz)

Re: Zastaza M85 Mannlicher 7.62x39
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:49:20 PM »
Winchester or FN tactical in 7.62x39  never heard anything more about it. This was awhile ago. Its was a CRPF. green stock  later style bolt. the round type, NOT Mauser

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

also this M85 in 7.62x39 is not really a Mauser controll round feed either. When closing the bolt you can feel the extractor go over the rim. Its the same extractor type on my 1891 Argentine Mauser , design to go up and over the rim of cartridge.
What look like a Mauser extractor is just a guide on this M85.

I need to shoot it and see maybe lapping it will help.

Between this and the Auto Ordance  Paratrooper M1 Carbine(jam amatic) I am very dissapointed In my gun buying decisions. I really need to read the forums alot more before buying on looks and impulse

anything