Author Topic: Sar B6P compact  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Sar B6P compact
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
 Well I have been going back and forth on this one and when I found one for $300 today I bought it. I am seeing this one going from this price to the $400.00 dollar range . I will evaluate it after it arrives. Only comes with one mag so I will have to get a couple more from EAA.
I will let know how it shoots and works. On a side note I just got in a Umarex Stainless Regent 200 1911 I will post a report and pics in the General firearms forum later. Pretty nice 1911 for the money, I will run some rounds thru it on sat when i am testing the Caniks.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Sar B6P compact
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:03 AM »
Congratulations!  8)  Look forward to reading about it.  The SAR Pistols have been receiving a lot of attention on other forums as well.

I'm quite impressed by my SAR K2-45 and am thinking I might like to get an SAR K2 in 9mm, as well. (Buds is out of them)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
I just got back from the range from testing the BP6 compact I was concerned about buying a model with fixed sights. well toss that fear out the window. Not only were the sights dead on ,I shot some pretty impressive groups with the BP6. I took the Canik custom shark compact that David at Cajun Gun works did the trigger work to shoot against the Sar BpP6 compact. The standard sar compact with no improvements  held its own and impressed the hell out of me for the paltry sum of $334.00 which including shipping costs. Accuracy was outstanding.  I normally shoot for about an hour-8 to 9 and then in to get work started-well its 11:17 am  and I am writing this . I am late getting started on my work today. I had way to much fun shooting both of these pistols this morning. I will post some pictures of the pistols and the targets tomorrow sometime. I give this compact a 5 star rating it performed flawlessly today with cheap ammo worth every penny that I payed for it. the only real drawback is that i had to pay EAA $72.00 for to more mags and another 10 to ship them. Brian / EFR - PS the canik shark compact in its finished form produced outstanding groups and i hate to say but better that I can do with my $1500 cz protek decocker - Cajun's Gun Works trigger job is outstanding as well. Well it time for work i goofed off too much today!
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline 2ndAmendican

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
Great write-up Brian. Thanks for the info. Definitely look forward to some pics.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Sweet!  8)  Glad to read that it is performing well!  :) 

Somehow, I expected it would do well, as the quality of these Turkish Pistols is great!  Not surprised that it shoots to point of aim with fixed sights, as all of my fixed sighted Pistols seem to do so.  Actually, I prefer fixed sights on my Pistols and plan to replace the Adjustable Sights on my SAR K2-45 with fixed sights, if possible.  Not sure what the Rear Dovetail is compatible with.

Yup, the price of Magazines is nasty these days, but I believe it's still a good investment.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
Another update on the Sar BP6 compact and a comparison to the Shark custom compact that I just finished the other day. First say that Sar is building some outstanding pistols  for reasonable prices. The accuracy at short range standing with two hand hold -combat stance was way better than I expected from a $300.00 range gun. Function was flawless as well and it did well against a way better custom canik the sar is a keeper have more mags on the way from EAA. Here are some target pics and pics of the pistols.

NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
Very Nice!  8)  Looks like you are well armed with either one.  :)

Both should make very capable carry pistols.  8)

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
If we get lucky maybe Sar will get a couple of their fancier 9 mm models on the import list and send them here as well. I really like how they perform and now own  4 of their pistols, including the K2 $5 acp, the K2P 9mm, the ST10 9mm and the now the BP6 compact.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:44 AM »
We just got a couple of these in today, along with several more K2 .45's, having sold all of our first batch, and a couple K2P 9mm's.   While the gun, like nearly all polymer CZ clones, is ugly as hell, it does feel good in the hand, has nice, easy to see, three dot sights, and both of the ones we got in had very respectable triggers period, much less for a $300 handgun.  While I really want to get in some K2 or K10 steel frame 9mm's to play with as well, I was not as impressed with the K2P's we got.  It just didn't seem quite as nice as the B6P or K2 .45's.  I can't really put my finger on exactly what, but overall it just wasn't $50 nicer than the B6P's, aside from the rail/+4 rounds if you wanted a lightweight home defense handgun.  Still, for the money, it is a really nice pistol, and it does have an ambi safety for the lefties.  Sarsilmaz continues to impress me with the build quality of their guns, especially at the amazingly affoardable prices.
My Czechnology Collection:
'87 CZ 75
'10 Cold War Commemorative CZ 75B
'12 OD P-01
'13 Canik55 C-100 9mm
'13 Sar K2 .45 ACP
'13 OD P-07 Duty
'14 Kadet 2 Kit
'14 CAI VZ2008

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »
The K2P has adjustable rear sights and one feature that beats the BP6 the ability to use the Cz SPO1 18 round mag or the Megar 19 round mag. Frankly both of mine are outstanding performers and I could carry either handgun without worry-they are nice handguns for the money.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline HighWay55

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
Great right-up Brian.  Comparing the B6P to the K2P, which pistol has the better balance.  Empty vs full magazine.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:42 AM »
The smaller B6P compact has the edge in the balance dept with empty and full mags ,but remember I was shooting the K2P almost exclusively with the bigger Megar 19 round and SPO1 18 round mags once I found that they functioned perfectly in The K2P. The 14 round B6P would be easier to conceal ,both pistols were very accurate at 7 ,10, and 15 yards with the K2P having the edge at 25 yards. If I was looking at a duty gun I would have no problem choosing the K2P especially with the ability to have 20 rounds in the pistol  and 4 more mags with 19 each . I would not be concerned with going with a 9mm over a 40 cal or 45 acp either especially with almost a 100 rounds in 5 mags.  At 25 yards I was easily putting shots in the kill zone. Now the B6P fit mine hands like a glove and shot nicer groups for me over what I could produce with the K2P at closer ranges. Both handguns fed reliably and were where easy to use .  Both of these are winners in my book. Recoil was not an issue with either pistol.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline HighWay55

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »
Brain the B6P Compact laying beside the Shark is asking for some love too. Do you have any modification or cerakote plans for it.  Don't make the B6P feel unloved.

Offline bobbb

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
Brian I'm new to the CZ Forum and will be picking up a Shark Compact next week. Are those VZ grips on your Shark Compact?

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:53 AM »
they are vz grips
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector