Author Topic: Tristar T-120 Grips  (Read 2380 times)

Offline 6.8

Tristar T-120 Grips
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:51:12 AM »
I have a T-120 where can I buy some aftermarket grips for it? Thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:37:46 PM by jwc007 »

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Re: Tristar T-120 Grips
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
You can install grips that fit full size Cz 75's -you just have to slightly modify the screw mounting hole.- VZ Grips work very well and will keep the pistol firmly in your hands. Brian /EFR
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Flibuoy1

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
In a different thread I explained how I found photos of grips I thought might work on my T-100 and suspected the CZ75 Compact LOOKED like they would work. So I removed my grips and overlaid them on photos of the grips offered for sale on my iPad, using the resize feature I found the outline matched, the screw holes were almost perfect...but the interior was a guess. They ended up a perfect fit except the screw holes needed to be enlarged inward a small about...1/32nd-1/16"?.....I did this Rube Goldberg with a small drill bit at low speed and the original countersink makes it unnoticeable. It could be that a smartphone might be more available and the screen just large enough. My purchase was on EBay and I noticed that most grip offerings had good straight on photos of both grips. Mine came from Thailand, free shipping and in hand in 13 days....cheap enough not to be a disaster if I had been wrong

Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

Offline papershoot

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
I am waiting for some checkered rosewood grips purchased on Ebay for my Tristar C-100 to arrive.  The original grips are not bad, but I just wanted to try it.  Last week I purchased a Tristar S-120 for $350 @ the grand opening of my local Academy Sports.  The grips on this model are slick and really need to be replaced.  I am thinking of keeping this one all black and plain.  The VZ black tactical diamonds or Hogue CZ-75/CZ-85 Grips Checkered Aluminum Matte Black, look like what I want, but I would prefer not to pay $75.

Houge wraparound grips get good reviews on Amazon and Midway.  Some of the recent Amazon reviews include installation on Caniks. 

I have been reading about others who have installed grips designed for CZs, on Tristar (Canik) pistols.  The results range from perfect fit, but mostly having to enlarge the screw holes, to also slightly trimming grips with a Dremel or Exacto.   

anything