Author Topic: How many rounds does your P-07 magazine hold?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline FakeCZName

Re: How many rounds does your P-07 magazine hold?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Cjive: Obviously, we have 15 round mags because the 16 round mags have "16" stamped on them and they hold 16 and latch in the gun. Ours won't do that.

Surely if we buy 16 round mags they will fit and function, but they might not be flush at the base. I don't know til I get a chance to try it.

Would like to get a P-09 mag and try it too.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »
I bet they gave up on the 16 rnd capacity in the P-07. These mags are to short for that capacity as the springs are overcompressed with 16 rnds and the mag springs weeken at an accelerated rate loading them that way. I sent back 5  16 round mags under warranty that had springs so week they wouldn't hold the slide open on the final round anymore and CZ USA replaced them. The gun had only 1500 rnds total down the pipe with that amount being split evenly among those mags.
I started loading only 15 rnds per mag and at over 4k rnds now the mags show no signs of wear.

Offline kobus

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
although marked 16 mine holds only 15.  all 4 of them.  i can force a 16th round in but then mag doesn't seat properly.
guns don't kill people. NINJAS kill people.

Offline Grandmas_Boy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
It sounds like the only differeence between these 15 rd. and 16 rd. magazines is the witness holes.  I take it that they are identical except for the placement of the hole 15 vs 16 and labeling of said hole.  My thoughts are that while some magazines may accept 16 rds., they likely should be loaded to 15 rds for the sake of the spring lifespan as mentioned previously.   I believe the 10 rd. CZ 452 magazines had a similar problem, most people could only load 9 rds despite the labeling.

Offline max it

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
upLula
upLula
upLula
Much obliged,

Max

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
Uplula is not going to help this problem. It is not that we couldn't pound the 16th round in. It's that the damages the spring over time if you do.

Everybody who owns a p-07 should load only 15 rounds if you want that mag to last longer than 500 rounds; especially if you were to load 16 and not shoot them immedidately--you could damage the springlife.

Offline leadbelly

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »
I just got one of these with the extended barrel and night sights.  The dealer had two, and they were pretty much the only P-07's I could find in stock in town.  I was happy to pay for the night sights, I'll live with the extended barrel, but I'm really annoyed about not getting the decocker parts.  I've e-mailed CZ-USA about getting the parts, but I don't know what the response might be.  The parts area of their website shows them out of stock with no anticipated date of arrival.  Is there anyone on the forum who has taken the decocker parts out in favor of the safety?  Would you be willing to sell the decocker parts for a reasonable price?  As far as I can tell, I need a left lever, a right lever, and a spring.  If more parts are necessary, someone please let me know.

Offline Kaethias

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »
I just got one of these with the extended barrel and night sights.  The dealer had two, and they were pretty much the only P-07's I could find in stock in town.  I was happy to pay for the night sights, I'll live with the extended barrel, but I'm really annoyed about not getting the decocker parts.  I've e-mailed CZ-USA about getting the parts, but I don't know what the response might be.  The parts area of their website shows them out of stock with no anticipated date of arrival.  Is there anyone on the forum who has taken the decocker parts out in favor of the safety?  Would you be willing to sell the decocker parts for a reasonable price?  As far as I can tell, I need a left lever, a right lever, and a spring.  If more parts are necessary, someone please let me know.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19637/Cz-P07-Decocking-Lever-Set.aspx

Their website lists over 800 in stock of the decocking lever set.  I had just bought mine here recently.  Hope this helps!

Offline Mastodon

• west of the Pecos
How many rounds does your P-07 magazine hold?
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
My four 16- rnd mags fit 16 rnds.  I am not having the trouble putting the final round in.  It is a little tougher than the first 15, but doable for me.  I find the final round a little tougher in most of my pistol mags.

Plus, it seems to get better to a degree over time.

Edit:  happened to re-read this:  No doubt it was a pain in the butt when I first got the pistol to load that 16th and final round.  Either my thumb got used to it, I began to anticipate it, or it got slightly easier.  Probably all three.  I will be honest, I found out quickly my old loader that CZ used to include in-box, does not fit the P-07 magazine contour. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:25:59 PM by Mastodon »
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

various boomsticks and lots of rocks

anything