Author Topic: That's not an Air Pistol....now THIS is an Air Pistol  (Read 5770 times)

Offline terry mc

Re: That's not an Air Pistol....now THIS is an Air Pistol
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
I just added an Izzy IZH-46 to my collection and wow it is a fantastic pistol.
I now shoot it more than anything else I own, the luxury of being able to shoot in your back yard.
Best practice tool I have.
Terry Mc
G.B. CZ-97BE-SA
CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS
75B polished stainless  (wifes, pure stock for now)
RAMI safety model (CGW springs, Shadow hammer & sear, polished act., tritium sites)
TRISTAR C-100 (CGW & polished act. tritium sites)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »
Actually, I've have been shooting my Crosman 1377/99 Carbine a lot
For what it is, it IS very accurate
Have taken 3 Squirrels in the last week or so with this lil honey:
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline AllanWJ

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
I never even saw this sub forum - didn't realize there were other airgun nuts here. Like DenStinett, I have squirrel issues. :) I built this PCP from a $49.00 Crosman 2240 a couple years back. Uses a HiPac air tube in place of C02 and I fill it from a scuba tank. I get 10 shots in the plateau with a 2500psi fill and averages about 690fps with 18gr pellets. The only thing left of the original 2240 is the tube below the riser block.

It has a Marauder trigger/grip assembly (I wish I could get triggers like that on my CZ), custom grips, Green Mountain 12" barrel, Disco valve, a power adjuster from someone I can't remember the name of now, riser from someone else whose name escapes me, steel breech from Crosman and a cheap 2-7x NCStar scope with the parallax adjusted to 25 yards. There's no AO so it's a manual reset and lock thing and makes it usable down to 10 yards.

I use .45 holes in targets for bullseyes and at 20 yards, the holes stay the same size. It's the most accurate pistol I own. :)

The first year I had it, I cleaned out 39 ground squirrels that were literally undermining the foundation of my house - no joke. And I topped that off with another 25 Norway rats the size of small Possums. No love lost there.

My longest one-shot kill was 54 yards (lasered). Right down the ear canal everytime. I take most of my shots from a rear shooting bag on my kitchen window sill. I know, great white hunter right? :)  The suppressor means they have no idea where it's coming from. It just lets out a little pffft. I built a carbine using the same basic components on a Crosman 2250 but it's got a Simmons 6.5-20x scope. It's not as accurate as the pistol.

Allan

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »
WOW, what an awesome piece you have there AWJ
Actually, the number one squirrel getter (besides you) is 1SOW    8)

Offline AllanWJ

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »
Thanks Den, it was a lot of fun learning about how these work. The pistol is kind of a Franken-gun, but it started looking better and better as I discovered how well it shot.  I only see about a half dozen squirrels around the house nowadays and they're VERY nervous rodents. :)

I have a buddy that's gone completely airgun nuts and he's got a really nice 5000psi pump for refilling my scuba tank. Easy to refill and everytime I go over there he's got something new. His latest purchase was a .70 caliber monster that shoots round balls. He only gets 2-3 shots per 4500psi fill but he's getting around 1000 ft/lbs with those big lead balls. Makes my paltry 19fpe seem laughable.

Airguns have come a long way.

Allan

Offline terry mc

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
Allan
that is a thing of beauty great work.
Terry Mc
G.B. CZ-97BE-SA
CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS
75B polished stainless  (wifes, pure stock for now)
RAMI safety model (CGW springs, Shadow hammer & sear, polished act., tritium sites)
TRISTAR C-100 (CGW & polished act. tritium sites)

Offline BARNY

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
Here is a pair of Crosman's. top one is a modded .177 with a walther barrel and a real tack driver. bottom one is a mix of parts in .22. both have power adjusters so I can get 800 fps out of them. you can get alot of stuff out of UK for these crosman's. both gun's have steel receiver's and other accesories. just a couple little toys

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
Barny:
WOW, those ARE sometrhing