Author Topic: That's not an Air Pistol....now THIS is an Air Pistol  (Read 23132 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: That's not an Air Pistol....now THIS is an Air Pistol
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »
thank goodness the shipping is free
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »
thank goodness the shipping is free
Yeah, and luckily it's warranted for a whole year, and I'm sure parts are available and inexpensive. ::)

It does look like one  he(( of a pistol though.  160 shots per pump-stop is pretty impressive.  A 10 shot group-size probably needs a 1/4" micrometer to measure properly. Did you notice the grip extends to allll-most behind the bbl?!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a HiTech NEOS
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
Den, got the 97th squirrel last week in this third season of having pears to eat.
I glimsed another one this week , but didn't get the shot.
Daisy Pellet rifle: 97 squirrels   Squirrels: many hundreds pears :(

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »
Hey 1
That really sucks about your Pears, but your head count is gettin' up there

Last weekend, my Neighbor's Son called and asked me to hurry over with my Pellet Rifle
Seems a "Monster" had attacked his Mom
I get back there to fine Lori (our Neighbor) cowering in the corner of her Garden  and on the far side of the Garden is what looks to be a Huge Goffer
Turns out it's what's called a "Utah Pot Gut" or the Uintah Ground Squirrel
Not to scare it off, I dispatched it with one shot from about 35 yards....I love this Nitro Venom
I hear these "Big @$$ Goffers" get thick around here at times, and is probably what's been eatin' my Wife's Melon Plants
Well I guess these stupid things aren't afraid, and have been known to get rather aggressive toward people
But I don't know this personally, as I didn't get that close, and he wasn't around long enough to get pissed at me

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »
Well I guess these stupid things aren't afraid, and have been known to get rather aggressive toward people
But I don't know this personally, as I didn't get that close, and he wasn't around long enough to get pissed at me

;D ;D ;D
 :D ;D :D ;D  You DO know these posts are archived for MANY years.
" Great Green Globs of Goopy Green Gopher Guts.......rem. that one? ;D

My neighbor called the cops when a skunk showed no fear in the back yard next to a little metal shed.  He was worried about rabbies.
The cop came -with his glock-- and wanted to shoot DOWN on the skunk for safety.  He eased up on the corner of the shed roof and fired down.  A miss. Fired again a non-fatal hit.  Fired a third time and dispatched the stinky critter.
I know the cop and remind him occassionally.  They should have a pellet rifle on hand for dangerous encounters of the varmint kind. ;)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »
Yeah, and that fat SOB looked to have a lot of GUTS !

THREE SHOTS ? ? ? Sounds like it's time for someone to Requalify ! ! !
I'll bet that your Neighbor leaves (Dog or Cat) Food outside
Skunks LOVE Cat Food !
Did you know that the odds of a Skunk having Rabies is very low
They are NOT carriers, and can be Vaccinated against Rabies (we had a pet Skunk for several years)
They can contract Rabies just like any other Mammal
Chances are, they could have easily caught and release the thing without incident
They give off a ton of warning before they spray
If one was to take the time to learn their (body) "language", Skunks speak very clearly

Offline Artist

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »
We had lots of skunks around my old apartment, we would always stop and say hello, sweet little critters for the most part. I did encounter a big old one that wasn't happy about being spotted, he would turn and do his threat posture when I followed him for awhile but he never sprayed.
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
We had lots of skunks around my old apartment, we would always stop and say hello, sweet little critters for the most part. I did encounter a big old one that wasn't happy about being spotted, he would turn and do his threat posture when I followed him for awhile but he never sprayed.

Yeah, their Front Paw stomp is kinda funny, but when they "Christmas Tree" their Tail, it's rather stunning
And with that, it's time to turn and POLITELY walk away ! ! !  :o

Offline jjdurso

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
That's funny, I have a Steyr just like it sitting in my safe.  I haven't shot it since 1996 when I was shooting 10M Olympic Air Pistol as a Junior.

If you think that's wild, you should see my 25M Rapid Fire Pistol:

That's a $2,000 five shot, ported .22 short with a 47g (1.7oz) trigger pull!  ...well it was once worth that much until they changed the rules of the event and it became an expensive range toy.   :(

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »
Holy cow, very nice
Some expensive Pellet Pistols there
1.7 ounce Trigger Pull  ?
Can't imagine a Trigger at 1.0 pound, let alone one at 1/10th of a pound
A stiff breeze could set it off

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
WOW!  That rapid fire pistol looks like a "Bullpup" equivalent in pistol..  Cool pistol.

My old Bullseye pistol has a  1# trigger.  I can't "FEEL" 1.7 ozs at my age! :o
Den, got another squirrel today: #98,  headshot
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:59:23 PM by 1SOW »

Offline TCups

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »
That's funny, I have a Steyr just like it sitting in my safe.  I haven't shot it since 1996 when I was shooting 10M Olympic Air Pistol as a Junior.

If you think that's wild, you should see my 25M Rapid Fire Pistol:

That's a $2,000 five shot, ported .22 short with a 47g (1.7oz) trigger pull!  ...well it was once worth that much until they changed the rules of the event and it became an expensive range toy.   :(

The Styer LP1 is a classic.  Ever think about selling it?  Is it CO2 or PCP?  I have a single stroke pneumatic "Izzy" that has a great trigger and it is intrinsically more accurate than me, but some day, I would like to own an Olympic Match grade PCP, at least for a while.  One thing about them, you can shoot them at 10 meters indoors (like from the hallway into the guest bedroom upstairs) and get in a range session every evening without leaving home.  Makes one's pistol skills improve dramatically, in my experience. 

Offline jjdurso

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
The Styer LP1 is a classic.  Ever think about selling it?
I had never given it a though until now...  Why don't you send me a PM.
Is it CO2 or PCP?
It's CO2.  I bought a CO2 cylinder a few years ago and took it to the range just for giggles and it still shoots pretty great.  The last time I competed with it was '96.

Forget Pyramid Air, if you're interested in some high end air pistols, check out Champions' Choice:  http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Steyr-610.aspx