Author Topic: What are good holsters for a compact SAR B6P?  (Read 5235 times)

badjuijui

What are good holsters for a compact SAR B6P?
« on: June 06, 2013, 12:32:24 AM »
Would like to find OWB and IWB if possible.

Offline mattwestm

Re: What are good holsters for a compact SAR B6P?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »
I've been wondering if leather holsters for the CZ-75 Compact would fit.

Offline Julian

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
I've been wondering if leather holsters for the CZ-75 Compact would fit.

Probably not... I just picked up a SAR K2P, and it will absolutely NOT fit in a Bianchi 6D IWB sized for a CZ-75 P06, because there is no taper at the front of the frame/slide. It fits great in a Fobus OWB sized for a Springfield XD (SP11), so I would try an IWB sized for an XD.

Julian

Offline Julian

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »
Well, going back and looking at a picture of the B6P, it may fit. Want to buy a Bianchi 6D? ;)

Julian

Offline mattwestm

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
The K2P won't fit CZ holsters because of the rail. Maybe it would fit in a P-01 holster?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
Probably not... I just picked up a SAR K2P, and it will absolutely NOT fit in a Bianchi 6D IWB sized for a CZ-75 P06, because there is no taper at the front of the frame/slide. It fits great in a Fobus OWB sized for a Springfield XD (SP11), so I would try an IWB sized for an XD.

The K2P won't fit CZ holsters because of the rail. Maybe it would fit in a P-01 holster?

Now, IF you had read my review of the SAR K2P, you would know this: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=55769.0
Forum Search Engines are your friend! :)

So far in my research into Holsters for the SAR K2P 9mm, the following fit:

Fobus Paddle Holster #SP11 (No retention, but fits like it was made for it)

Crosman Generic Pistol Holster P/N SAH02A510 ( often found at Wally World and other stores, usually around $10 )

Tagua Open Top Leather raised OWB Holster #BH3-635 (Black, Right Hand) (Will require a bit of Stretching for use, but fits tightly) (Made for Springfield XD-S)

Have read elsewhere that the Blackhawk Serpa Holsters for the SigArms P228/229 will fit the SAR B6P, but this is unconfirmed.  I know that they WILL NOT fit the SAR K2P.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:31:48 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
For the SAR K2P ( and the SAR K2-45), add to the Holster list,

Safariland Custom Fit # 568-744-411 (Black, Right Hand) Excellent fit

You can find these on ebay fairly reasonable.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Klaatu

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:35:53 PM »
Oh, dear.  I know it's been a while, but I hate to think how the OP felt. How about "thanks for nothing, guys?"

I have a CZ 75 Compact (not the D PCR model), a Sarsilmaz K2P and a K2 and love all of them to death, but the original question was about holsters for a compact SAR B6P, remember? I just picked up my own B6P Compact, so I had the same question.

Seems this thread went "off the rails"--with everyone giving, well, answers to questions nobody asked. OK, enough scold.

My own (limited) experience (IWB only, no OWB)

As of Sept. 2015, SHTF Gear makes IWB holsters for each model of the SAR B6P, full-size and compact. Here's a link for the "compact" model available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RY3BJEW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3U4QV41IVG2FW&coliid=IFQJ2JPBUAGMH. I don't own that holster, but might try it--even though it seems expensive, at $60.

Alien Gear Holsters http://aliengearholsters.com/cz75-compact-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html makes another IWB for the CZ 75 Compact that one reviewer says fits his SAR B6P (he never used the word "Compact") perfectly. It starts at around $30, and I couldn't find it on Amazon.

My CZ 75 Compact and my SAR B6P Compact are practically identical in size--overall length and height-wise, and the trigger guards are similarly identically-sized and located. Just holding them side by side and looking down on the top of the slides, however, the SAR *is* about an eighth to maybe three-sixteenths of an inch (3-5mm) THICKER than the CZ.

That difference in thickness being noted, the SAR B6P Compact still fits both holsters I'd already bought for the CZ 75 Compact.

I've got a nice leather IWB made for the CZ 75 Compact (Outbags LOB2S-CZ75C, $27 on Amazon, available in LH or RH, tan or black) and another Outbags (or Federal, I can't remember)--the nylon variety that are ambidextrous, with the velcro patch and adjustable retaining strap (made for the CZ 75, P01, P06,"DPCR"...) and with a mag pouch on the front edge.

I know it's only two holsters, but based on my personal experience with both guns and those two holsters, I'd have to think that any holster that'll fit a CZ 75 Compact/Compact D PCR/P-01/P-06 will most likely fit a Sarsilmaz B6PC(ompact) equally well. Note: I haven't tried the Alien Gear CZ 75 IWB holster personally. I'd be a little more circumspect with hard-plastic shell holsters like that one. That eighth of an inch difference might make all the difference in the world in a material that doesn't "give" as much as nylon or leather. But, as I said, one reviewer of the Alien Gear holster said it worked fine on *his* B6P.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:54:59 PM by Klaatu »
My other car's a CZ 97.

Offline sk73

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »
I have a B6P and carry it in a Remorah IWB/OWB holster.  It's primarily carried IWB.  Works well.