Author Topic: What's Your Next Handgun?  (Read 276749 times)

Offline mitch27

Re: What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #450 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
Definitely going to be a M&P 9mm Pro or CORE. Once I sell the CZ it's pretty much a done deal.

Offline Cerebrus

« Reply #451 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
Well, it was supposed to be an SP-01... Somehow I ended up with a P-01 and an SP-01 on order still...  ::)

Offline danno_man

« Reply #452 on: September 02, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »
Well, it was supposed to be an SP-01... Somehow I ended up with a P-01 and an SP-01 on order still...  ::)
Oakhill has SP01's
Quack

Alpha Sierra

« Reply #453 on: September 02, 2014, 07:06:59 PM »
My P-01 was an impulse buy. I finished shooting at the range, came out to the store and there it was. So I purchased it. That was back in March.
That's exactly how I ended up with a P-07.

My next purchase will have to be a S&W Model 18.

Offline Cerebrus

« Reply #454 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
Oakhill has SP01's

Thanks for that Quack.. I just sent my FFL the info.. ;D

Offline danno_man

« Reply #455 on: September 02, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
Oakhill has SP01's

Thanks for that Quack.. I just sent my FFL the info.. ;D
Nice.  I thought your LGS had one on its way already.  I guess that meant it was on order.
Quack

Offline Cerebrus

« Reply #456 on: September 02, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »
It is, but I believe he goes through Davidsons..

Offline Colorado Shooter

« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2014, 08:52:47 AM »
Want an SP 01 with a manual safety, but can't find one for a reasonable price. Not to mention being in CO with a 15 round magazine limit, the 10rd mag versions are even harder to find. So, I'm holding out for a Sphinx Standard Alpha SDP full size when it should hopefully be released first of the year. At least that's what I was told.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
A Sphynx would be nice. They definetly seem hard to find.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:18 AM »
Want an SP 01 with a manual safety, but can't find one for a reasonable price. Not to mention being in CO with a 15 round magazine limit, the 10rd mag versions are even harder to find. So, I'm holding out for a Sphinx Standard Alpha SDP full size when it should hopefully be released first of the year. At least that's what I was told.

You think the Sphinx will be more reasonably priced then a SP-01? Interesting, what will they cost? If they are more reasonable then the SP-01 I will have seriously look into one of them as well!!!

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline jdubya87

« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »

You think the Sphinx will be more reasonably priced then a SP-01? Interesting, what will they cost? If they are more reasonable then the SP-01 I will have seriously look into one of them as well!!!

RCG

I have seen them on gunbroker for 8-900. I think the next time CZUB does a big run of the SP-01's, the price will come down.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »

From what I've heard, no - the Sphinx models will be more expensive. David @ CGW had some comments about the quality here.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Colorado Shooter

« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »

RCG

Oh no! I'm saying I couldn't find an SP 01 at a reasonable price. I wasn't comparing the price of the CZ to the Sphinx. The Sphinx, I'm assuming, should be darn near twice the price of the CZ. Sorry for the confusion. I'm treating myself because I gave my blessing to the wife to get a new car.

I did send an email to KRISS asking about a release date and they responded with "no solid date yet, but are aiming to have all variants out by the end of this year." I can be patient.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
I also have and SP01 safety model on my list.  I'd love to have a Sphinx as well.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Colorado Shooter

« Reply #464 on: September 03, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Buds Guns just had the SP 01 9mm Safety model in stock. Now it's OOS. I missed it by minutes. Can't believe it! Maybe God is saying it's not meant to be..... :(

anything