Author Topic: What's Your Next Handgun?  (Read 276712 times)

Offline MetalGravy

Re: What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #1710 on: July 03, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Latest pickup

That is quite a tang on that. How does it feel?

Took it to the range yesterday and that higher bore axis definitely feels weird compared to my SP-01.  Recoil felt sharper, too

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #1711 on: July 03, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the report on that unusual looking Kareen.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #1712 on: July 05, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
They're in different classes, but I keep oscillating between a CZ Scorpion and a Kel-tec Sub 2000 9mm.  It would mainly be a toy so I'm thinking the Kel-tec would be the wiser move, financially.
Scorpion, it is. Ordering Friday. Naturally, I bought all of my accessories before the gun. Guess that obligates me, now.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Danjoe

« Reply #1713 on: July 05, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »
I think a Canik TP9SF Elite is in the cards for me, I made the mistake of picking one up in the store the other day, and I can't stop thinking about how good the trigger felt for a striker-fired handgun.

Offline Hawker800

« Reply #1714 on: July 05, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »
S&W 642-1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #1715 on: July 05, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
I see this thread and think about what I posted earlier vs. some of what I've bought. 

I had been walking by those steel framed (S)PO1 Compacts for a few months at the gun shows.  I walk into a gun store, the guy has one on display and I buy it.

Then, I see a used TS in .40 S&W on the internet and buy that, too.  Never, ever, would I have posted that I was going to buy a TS, in either caliber. 

I guess there's not much use in me writing down what I may get next because I walk in a store, or see something on the internet, and suddenly want it.

I'm not even going to mention what I'm looking at right now.  I'm going to go by the gun store tomorrow and it it's still there, and in the right caliber, I may end up with a non-CZ (for the first time in about 5 years (maybe 4 years, I lose track of time.)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline copemech

« Reply #1716 on: July 05, 2017, 08:26:34 PM »
I see this thread and think about what I posted earlier vs. some of what I've bought. 

I had been walking by those steel framed (S)PO1 Compacts for a few months at the gun shows.  I walk into a gun store, the guy has one on display and I buy it.

Then, I see a used TS in .40 S&W on the internet and buy that, too.  Never, ever, would I have posted that I was going to buy a TS, in either caliber. 

I guess there's not much use in me writing down what I may get next because I walk in a store, or see something on the internet, and suddenly want it.

I'm not even going to mention what I'm looking at right now.  I'm going to go by the gun store tomorrow and it it's still there, and in the right caliber, I may end up with a non-CZ (for the first time in about 5 years (maybe 4 years, I lose track of time.)

I was that way with girls when I was young! Nowadays a TS has different meanings! :o

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #1717 on: July 07, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »

Well, saved some money.  The other day I noticed a couple of used SIG 229's at a local gun store.  $399 each.  The more I thought about it, the more online reading I did, and I went back to look at them.  I was seriously thinking about buying both.  Another father/son restore/refinish and slick up project ending in one pistol each for my youngest son and I.

Well, they were 9MM models.  One had a magazine marked .357/.40 in it.  The guy behind the counter just looked at me funny when I pointed that out.  One had some damaged to the frame that looked like some had dropped it (at high speed) on the asphalt and gouged junks out of it (probably could have reduced the area around it with some sanding = lots of sanding = and then after refinishing it would have been hard to tell unless you were a dedicated SIG fan).

Then the killer, for me, all those buttons/levers and none was a safety.  A doggone decocker pistol.  I've got one of those (Browning BDM) and don't feel the need for more.  I thanked the guy for letting me look them over and walked away.

Now I've still got money for another CZ, or two, if I run across the right one at the gun show tomorrow.  No, I don't need another CZ either, but at least I can carry them cocked and locked (the models I'd buy).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline WVNed

« Reply #1718 on: July 13, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
Turns out it is a SIG 320rx.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline codj51

« Reply #1719 on: July 14, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
I  want a 97B full custom.

Offline glg20

« Reply #1720 on: July 19, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
Probably a CZ compact

Offline gomerpyle

« Reply #1721 on: July 19, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
Likely some 1911 in 9mm.

Ron M.

« Reply #1722 on: July 22, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »
Thinking very seriously about a Cajun Gun Works SP01 decocker. Also looking at a Wilson Combat Beretta 92 Brig-Tac. Money permitting maybe both.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #1723 on: July 22, 2017, 05:35:51 PM »
And the money I didn't spend on the two used SIGs (most of it) got spent on a new SP01 Compact. 

And the rest (plus that much more) on upgrade parts for the one SP01 Compact and a few pieces for another project, at some time or other.

Ron M.

« Reply #1724 on: July 23, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
The wife has claimed "her new pistol" 10 minutes after I got it home! Went to a local shop to buy primers and saw this beauty in the display cabinet, traded one of my M9A3s and $200. The M9A3 didn't even get into the display before it was sold.

Wilson Combat Beretta 92 Brigadier Tactical:

I will be ordering an SP01 decocker from Cajun Gun Works Monday or Tuesday.