Author Topic: What's Your Next Handgun?  (Read 276716 times)

Ron M.

Re: What's Your Next Handgun?
« Reply #1890 on: April 26, 2018, 07:57:35 PM »
I'll be picking up a TALO Ruger GP100 (model 1763) 2.5 inch fixed sight 357 tomorrow. This model looks like the old Speed 6 reborn. Brass bead front sight and Ruger's compact Lett style grips. This could become my new cold weather carry piece. I plan to drop in a 10 pound Wolf hammer spring and 8 pound trigger return spring along with a basic polish of the trigger and hammer.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-gp100r-357mag-stainless-2-5inch-talo.html?___SID=U

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #1891 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »
I'll be picking up a TALO Ruger GP100 (model 1763) 2.5 inch fixed sight 357 tomorrow. This model looks like the old Speed 6 reborn. Brass bead front sight and Ruger's compact Lett style grips. This could become my new cold weather carry piece. I plan to drop in a 10 pound Wolf hammer spring and 8 pound trigger return spring along with a basic polish of the trigger and hammer.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-gp100r-357mag-stainless-2-5inch-talo.html?___SID=U
Very nice, and great price too!
   Keep us posted. 
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline WestTexan

« Reply #1892 on: April 27, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »
Ha! I don?t know what my next one will be but I just got lucky and picked up a P01 Omega yesterday in San Antonio👍 No CZ dealers out where I live...you?ll find a few but not many. I got to handle a Shadow 2 and and a the Orange I handled was amazingly slick...

Ron M.

« Reply #1893 on: April 28, 2018, 05:43:48 PM »
Picked up my newest wheel gun last night. Replaced the hammer spring with a 10 pound Wolf and the trigger return spring with an 8 pound Wolf.  Did a very light polish of the trigger and hammer engagement surfaces. Cleaned and lubed.  The DA pull is nice and smooth the SA is a clean and crisp break.

This new Ruger really looks like the Speed 6 I had 20 plus years ago.  I hope it's as accurate.
Heading to the range tomorrow afternoon. I've loaded up 100 38 Special target Wad cutter loads, 100 medium level 357 158gr SWC loads and 50 full charge 357 125gr JHP loads. I don't plan to shoot the revolver with my heavy 357 180gr Keith bullet hunting loads or my heavy 357 158gr JHP hunting loads.  I'll probably bring some Buffalo Bore 38 Special 158gr +P LSWCHP ammo and some Federal 357 125gr Semi Jacket HP (Fed 357B) to try too.

Offline Ross7

« Reply #1894 on: May 03, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Found out several days ago my next gun was gonna be a CZ 83 in .380, it came in today.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #1895 on: May 03, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
Found out several days ago my next gun was gonna be a CZ 83 in .380, it came in today.
I think you'll enjoy shooting it.

My first CZ was a nickel finish 83 with black grips that I inherited from my Brother. He had purchased it new as one of the very last NIB 83's that were offered by CZ-USA about 10 years ago. It introduced me to the wonderfulness of CZ's DA/SA and I was amazed at how good it felt and shot. Then...I purchased an SP-01; and I decided to consolidate my ammo to 9mm and traded the 83 toward a P-01.

I loved the 83...but it was my only 380 ACP, and consolidating allowed me to buy 9mm in bulk.
The money I saved on ammo alone allowed me to buy a couple more 9mm CZ's.  O0
Good luck with it. I'm sure you never lose anything on your investment.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #1896 on: May 03, 2018, 08:53:00 PM »
I?ve been toying with the idea of the P365, but it seems there are endless early adoption issues popping up every day on SigTalk... plus I can?t even CCW in NJ since it?s basically illegal.
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #1897 on: May 04, 2018, 02:51:34 PM »
Probably a Sig P210.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #1898 on: May 05, 2018, 01:40:57 PM »
I just might be tempted by the new Ruger GP100 in 10mm. Just might......
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline chicane

« Reply #1899 on: May 06, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
P-07 or Sig X5

Offline Vinny

« Reply #1900 on: May 06, 2018, 01:40:43 PM »
Got the email that deguns.net had a SIG P365-9-BXR3 available to me at Sale Price of $499.
This is the revised one with the upgraded XRay3 sights. Size of a G43 but with 10+1.
I had to jump on it!

Added $10 in merchandise to get above $500 for FREE SHIPPING using code SHIP30.
It's on it's way to my FFL.  Woo Hoo!    BTW...They sold out again within minutes!
"Carpe Diem"

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #1901 on: May 07, 2018, 08:36:07 AM »
I was leaning towards picking up a second P-10C but decided this weekend that I am sticking to TDA for all new pistols.

Next will be a P-09 from CGW at the end of summer and then... time to work on getting some Berettas, an HK P30L and a Sig 226 or MK25 ;-)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Vinny

« Reply #1902 on: May 07, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
I was leaning towards picking up a second P-10C but decided this weekend that I am sticking to TDA for all new pistols.

Next will be a P-09 from CGW at the end of summer and then... time to work on getting some Berettas, an HK P30L and a Sig 226 or MK25 ;-)
Sticking with one platform, especially TDA for defense; makes a whole lot of sense.
The trend in striker-fired triggers has gotten too light for a carry gun IMHO.

But, for deep conceal Summer Carry, there's slim pick'ins in pocket-size TDA.
I was pleased to see reviews measuring the new Sig 365 at 6-1/4 to 6-1/2 lbs.
My micro-9 Sig 290rs is DAO; and I'm OK with that too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:03:00 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #1903 on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:35 AM »

Sticking with one platform, especially TDA for defense; makes a whole lot of sense.

Agreed. Too many light strikers out these days. I can't help but think it is popular because it masks poor fundamentals so that even marginal shooters can seem pretty decent ;-)

Yeah, ok, I know that paints with an overly broad brush. I do honestly think it is a factor, though.

The light triggers wouldn't concern me if the guns were equipped with good thumb safeties but no one seems to want those. Most guns with thumb safeties I've had hands-on with were pretty abysmal in the ergonomics department... even the (budget) 1911s. I totally get not wanting that, but safety should come first!

Anyway, I have made peace with my path - I am a TDA guy. Might as well revel in it :)

For pocket carry, I am still a fan of the old standby: a snub-nose revolver. I have an LCR in 9mm that works pretty well when I absolutely must scale down. The moon clips make for a better reload experience too. Feels a bit like shooting a staple gun but that isn't all bad...

"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Vinny

« Reply #1904 on: May 07, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »

Anyway, I have made peace with my path - I am a TDA guy. Might as well revel in it :)

For pocket carry, I am still a fan of the old standby: a snub-nose revolver. I have an LCR in 9mm that works pretty well when I absolutely must scale down. The moon clips make for a better reload experience too. Feels a bit like shooting a staple gun but that isn't all bad...

Agreed, Safety First.
Learning the discipline of shooting a DAO well; makes everything else seem easy. :)
"Carpe Diem"

anything