Author Topic: SP01 Shadow recoil spring wt.  (Read 9077 times)

Offline AKshooter

SP01 Shadow recoil spring wt.
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:05 AM »
Hi Angus,

I find I may need to replace my recoil spring in the SP01 shadow I bought from you about 4 years ago.  I cannot tell from the invoice what recoil spring was used, but you did put in a 13x1 Main/Hammer Spring and a 16D CZ comp Hammer.

I do not reload and shoot commercial reloads and factory ammo.

What weight recoil spring should I be looking for - 14 lbs.?

Any difference between those for guns with and without the firing pin block?

Offline coolbox

Re: SP01 Shadow recoil spring wt.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:09:24 AM »
I have used both 13# and 15#. They both work fine factory ammo. I prefer the 15# though for single hand bulls eye shooting! for the ammo I shoot. It is mostly SnB 124 gr or Chinese +p by Norinco.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »
Most of Custom Shop worked Shadows with the comp hammer/etc., come with 11# recoil springs.   http://czcustom.com/CZ75_SP01_SHADOW_CustomShop.aspx

Shooting factory ammo,  the driver would be the feed and ejection distance.  If it still feeds smoothly and throws the cases  5'-6' to the right,  your still good-to-go.
If they don't feed reliable or are throwing the cases a lot farther, then a heavier recoil spring  may be needed.

Offline emjei

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:35 PM »
Is 11# measured as ISMI or Wolff ??

There is a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
The round wire springs supplied by Wolff springs are FOR the CZ.  The wire diameter, number of coils and total spring length are all factors in the spring weight  results.
When the spring is in the pistol,  it's compressed.  When the slide retracts, it's compressed MORE and reaches the actual spring weight.
Flat Wire Springs made for Glocks may or may not be okay for CZs.
I don't doubt there are differences between CZ and Glock  spring specs..

Spring weight can be measured.  (see the Wolff --gunsprings.com--info area about measuring their spring weights.)
Put the spring on a post.  Compress it with weight to until the spring is the length when it's in the pistol.  Now add weight until its the length compressed when the slide is fully retracted.   This should be the actual spring weight in THAT gun tested.   IF it fits, Test it in a Glock and it'll be one weight.  Test it in a CZ and it'll be another weight---SAME SPRING different compressions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:47:30 PM by 1SOW »

anything