Author Topic: Making Magic - Cajunizing the Pre-B.  (Read 103272 times)

Offline ThompsonCustom

Re: Making Magic - Cajunizing the Pre-B.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
a call to schmeky to find out that fitting of the sear will be necessary, my next step is to buy a diamond type grinding wheel to use in my dremel. Then the process of removing .010 at at time and testing for hammer, sear engagement. When the proper amount has been removed and hammer sear engagement are set the last step is to smooth with 400 grit paper wrapped around a 1/8" steel rod. Going slow to finish fit and checking. This is to fit the single action side of the disco. If I have trouble with the double action that will be another tutorial by schmeky

This will work out better anyway a fitted disco is the best way to go, if you haven't had one of these on a CZ before it's probably one of the best if not thee best improvement. Also if you can fit it for SA you can fit it for double action its the same idea in a different spot.
www.AerospaceArms.com Current Deals:
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel $148
21% off all magpul products code: "magpul"

Offline llh1956

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
I will update sometime this weekend after hand fitting the disco!!

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 05:35:28 AM »

Fitting the new disconnector.

llh1956 will be post later about it. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:16:18 PM by Birds Away »
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline schmeky

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »
Birds Away,

Awesome!!  I really, really like your picture tutorial.  I wish I was as creative and had the time.  It would be great if this could be made into a sticky in the Gunsmith section.  It would help a lot of folks. 

You have the perfect diamond cutter for doing the disco fit.  Bravo!

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
Thanks, Schmeky.  That's Losey's rig.  He is doing all the work.  He should be on here later to discuss what he did, etc.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »
The modifications are complete.  llh1956 said that the average pull for SA is now 2lbs 3oz.  The DA is 7lbs 4oz.  He also has my B, which has all the same mods but a drop in disco instead of the fitted one.  The B measures SA 2lbs 9oz and DA 6lbs 3oz.  These guns are really funny.  For the pre B to have a full pound more in DA is a head scratcher.  Schmeky has said before that you cannot predict how the guns will come out even with identical models.  I am certainly not complaining.  I know that trigger pull weight is really just a number and is not an accurate reflection of the smoothness and ease of the pull.  Hopefully, if the weather moderates a bit, I will be able to take them both to the range for a test drive.  Hopefully, llh1956 will be on here later to describe the process.  I know he put an awful lot of work into these guns.  He also swapped the sights putting the EZ drift rear and F/O sights on the pre-B and Meprolights on the B so I can carry it.  I am very excited about getting my hands on these.  I want to personally and publicly thank Losey (llh1956) for all of his efforts.  Friends like him are very few and far between.  I will be making another parts purchase from CGW so that he can finish his guns.  I think that is a very small price to pay for all of the excellent work he did on these two.  Of course I also need to thank Schmeky.  Without his fantastic parts this would not be possible.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:11:34 AM by Birds Away »
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline emjei

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
Looking foward the Range report :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Offline muggia59

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 06:56:07 AM »
Awesome :) Thanks for posting.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline llh1956

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
 What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon being trapped at home with my street drifted in!! The first picture shows where I blacked out the work area with a sharpie so I could keep my grind level. The next 2 pics show the start of grinding with a dremel using a diamond grinding accessory purchased at Menards. I had to remove about .020 total before the hammer sear engagement would release when the trigger is pulled after racking the slide into battery. I removed about .010 at a time, reassembled and test for function. The fourth pic is smoothing out using 400 grit paper on a 1/4" steel rod. The last is with all CGW parts installed and ready for final assembly. ( Thanks Schmeky for your info on completing this mod). Takeup with this mod is nothing thanks to Schmeky's parts and mod information. When ever I give him a call he is extremly helpful.
 Next is a trip to the range sometime later this week I hope. Our weather has been very crappy!! 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:23:25 PM by llh1956 »

Offline llh1956

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
I did not have to modify the double action side of the disco it worked perfect. After this mod the single action is truely amazing, one of the best I have done for Birds Away. The hardest thing on this was the tricky assembly of the manual safety with its spring and catch plate. I should have read about it before taking it apart. That little plate bounced off of my tool box and landed at my feet, a real pain! I should have used the baggy trick to catch it. As it was I used a correct dia paper clip to make a dissembly part.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
I can just imagine the expression on your face when it went PING!!!  You are grossly under compensated.  ;D
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Birds Away,

Awesome!!  I really, really like your picture tutorial.  I wish I was as creative and had the time.  It would be great if this could be made into a sticky in the Gunsmith section.  It would help a lot of folks. 

You have the perfect diamond cutter for doing the disco fit.  Bravo!

Are you kidding me?  You are the guy that developed all of these fantastic parts and you wish you were as creative as me a knucklehead who posted a few pictures on the web?  Be serious, Schmeky.  If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have these awesome products.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
I got the guns back today. After some dry firing it is tough to tell the difference.  I am no expert but I've shot quite a bit over the last few years.  These guns, despite what the gauge says, are really very close.  My friend Losey did a really fantastic job on both of these guns.  The DA on the pre-B is just as smooth as the B which is really something.  I just can't express how really smooth as glass they both are.  Of course the SA on both is very short and sweet.  Can't wait to get them to the range.   
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »
The PICS and Comments on the procedures should be made a "Sticky" for fitting a CZ disconnector!
What say you?

Offline ThompsonCustom

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
Congrats on the build now get out and do some shooting!!!
www.AerospaceArms.com Current Deals:
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel $148
21% off all magpul products code: "magpul"