Author Topic: Making Magic - Cajunizing the Pre-B.  (Read 103409 times)

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
Re: Making Magic - Cajunizing the Pre-B.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 05:42:20 AM »
Congrats on the build now get out and do some shooting!!!
I took her to the range last night...WOW!!!!  The DA is smooth as silk and the SA is, well, indescribably delicious, lol. That SA is so short and sweet that it seems to be a direct link from brain to target.  Just think squeeze and a pretty dot shows up in the center of the reactive target.  It really doesn't feel like the same gun as when I shot it after first getting it.  I even put about 50 rounds through it left handed and my groups were no bigger than right handed.  It is just a fantastic gun and I really wish I was a good enough shooter to really do it justice.  My only issue is that these old eyes had some trouble picking up the F/O front sight in the poorly lit range.  I'm sure that will not be a problem in sunlight.  I just can't say enough about Schmeky's parts and my good friend llh1956s skills.  I am one happy camper and I just wish some of you guys could come and shoot some of these guns so you would know just how awesome they all are. 
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Heavy

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »
  So I know this is a really old thread, and hopefully I'm not upsetting anybody by bumping this back up. BUT this is a really good read even if your not doing this work currently. ALSO I by sheer luck happen to live in the same small town as the two guys doing all of this work, I happened to be next to them at our local range and personally got to shoot these guns and oh my my. I had no idea all the unbelievable work that went into them. Fantastic work 11h1956 and Birds Away. I had no idea I was in the presence of such talent. Thanks again for your tips. Hope to meet up with you guys again sometime.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:47 PM »
Indeed this is a great thread, it can always use a bump. Very cool that you happen to live so close to these guys. Small world.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 05:09:03 AM »
  So I know this is a really old thread, and hopefully I'm not upsetting anybody by bumping this back up. BUT this is a really good read even if your not doing this work currently. ALSO I by sheer luck happen to live in the same small town as the two guys doing all of this work, I happened to be next to them at our local range and personally got to shoot these guns and oh my my. I had no idea all the unbelievable work that went into them. Fantastic work 11h1956 and Birds Away. I had no idea I was in the presence of such talent. Thanks again for your tips. Hope to meet up with you guys again sometime.
Thanks, Heavy.  It was great meeting you and your P09 is an absolute work of art.  llh1956 is the one with all of the talent.  Wish I still had that pre-B but life happens.  Look forward to seeing you at the range again.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline llh1956

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 09:34:46 AM »
Thanks Heavy, I enjoyed shooting your Cajunized P09 it is a sweet shooter! Hope to shoot with you again!

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »
The PICS and Comments on the procedures should be made a "Sticky" for fitting a CZ disconnector!
What say you?

We have so many stickeys in this section, it's becoming a problem, but I give you one more.
Half the page is stickeys and I don't want to see a whole page of stickeys, ever!  ::)

IF the poster will make a thread on just fitting a Cz Disonnector, I'll trade that one stickeyed for this thread.
Otherwise, this thread can remain stickeyed.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline painter

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »
The PICS and Comments on the procedures should be made a "Sticky" for fitting a CZ disconnector!
What say you?

We have so many stickeys in this section, it's becoming a problem, but I give you one more.
Half the page is stickeys and I don't want to see a whole page of stickeys, ever!  ::)

IF the poster will make a thread on just fitting a Cz Disonnector, I'll trade that one stickeyed for this thread.
Otherwise, this thread can remain stickeyed.
I agree about too many stickies. As an alternative, how about one sticky thread that is a title/link archive for all the threads that are stickied individually? The format would look like...

Making Magic - Cajunizing the Pre-B.  http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=61135.msg401613#msg401613

The thread title could be anything...CZ Gunsmithing FAQ or the like.

It would bring more current material to the front page.

Just a thought.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline dominic135

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
I. think a lot of us are still soaking this up. Personally, I'm working up the courage to do a full disassembly and pointers are my food right now!
Thanks!

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 04:05:08 PM »
Well, it's funny how life turns.  The gentleman who bought this gun bailed me out when I was in a bit of a financial pickle.  Just recently, I returned the favor.  He had been running into some terrible luck so he asked if I wanted it back.  So, now she sits in my safe again and I am very happy about it.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »
I can't seem to take a decent picture anymore.  But, here she is...

In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2016, 05:39:09 PM »
Very very Nice!  8)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Tok36

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »
Indeed, i like how the checkering on the hammer, rear sight and slide are faced different directions.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline llh1956

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
I can't seem to take a decent picture anymore.  But, here she is...

As things turn around in our group in central Indiana I now have the 75 pre b from the Making Magic sticky by way of a trade from my good friend Birds Away. This one turned out great after I had to fit the disco, the lack of take up is amazing. It is funny because I have done a lot of these transformations using CGW parts  and they all turn out extremely good with one here and there that will be awesome even though I do the same amount of work to each. The difference between an awesome build and an extremely good build is equivalent to a Nat's butt!!! This is a fantastic example of the Cajunazation of a CZ pre-B.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2016, 06:02:15 PM »
Okay, I got it back through trade.  It is now sporting Truglo TFO fiber optic only sights.  This one was too sweet to let get away for long.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline cam1

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 08:43:18 PM »
I have a pre b in my shadow #1 and now it won't fire in DA. Dropped in a new pre B disconnector and it works. Is there mods I can make to the old one to get it to work again. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything