Author Topic: WELDING SERVICE for vz2008 & vz58  (Read 139846 times)

Offline taceto

Re: VZ58 Welding Service
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:34 PM »
Not sure if I left feedback here but I sent 4 carriers to Morgan and the work was top notch. Absolutely satisfied (actually) with the workmanship.  Order his work with confidence and don't hesitate to pm me if you have any questions!!!

Offline Forced March

Re: VZ 58 Welding Service
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
New services offered.  See original post.

Offline GrendelGene

• BEAVER BARF IS BEAUTIFUL!!
Re: WELDING SERVICE for vz2008 & vz58
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »
I think we need to start refering to him as SUPER MORGAN!!!!  ;)

Offline tngunnut

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »
 I agree! I joined the forum for the specific purpose of throwing in my ten cents about Morgan. He has welded two tabs for me and of course both were perfect.
  I recently booked a 10 day vacation that included a couple of days in Seattle. Having never been there I asked Morgan to suggest some things to do/eat etc. He did so and very graciously invited me to come to his shop.
  After one misfire due to my plane being delayed we got together on the morning of the day that I was set to leave Seattle. From the get go Morgan really impressed me with his VZ IQ. Definitely a lot higher than mine. We talked for a couple of hours and he showed me several weapons and explained some of his techniques. I was really blown away! In fact, if I had not been leaving town at a specific time I could have and wanted to stay a whole lot longer. He has definitely done his homework on these things and it shows so buy with confidence!
 Also, I bought a bolt and mag release while there. It may be a bit before I get them swapped out. Right now I am paying the price of going on vacation! Anyway when I get them done I'll come back with a report!
UPDATE: I'm a bad boy. Decided to forego weed eating (much as I wanted to do it) in favor of replacing these parts. Pretty snappy. Pin goes out left to right. Had a small amount of trouble realigning the mag release  but that is cuz of my big ass hands. Mag release is a big improvement. At first I thought the bolt release was not working correctly, but after a minute I realized that I was trying to activate it on the empty mag..Duh what would be the point of that? As I said low VZ IQ!. I had actually given up on the stock release because it was so balky so this is great.!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:30:39 PM by tngunnut »

Offline GrendelGene

• BEAVER BARF IS BEAUTIFUL!!
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
I have not met Morgan in person yet, but we have spent a few hours on the phone working through some issues on my guns. His advice and helpfulness has been TOP NOTCH!!!!. Hence my new nickname for him is.... SUPER  MORGAN!!!

But seriously, he seems to be a great guy and i hope that a lasting friendship will develop beyond our present gun / business relationship!!!

Gene

Offline MixedBreed

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »
Another satisfied customer here! Had my carrier tabbed by Forced March and the workmanship is excellent. Quick turn around, pleasant attitude, and reasonably priced......what more could you want?

Offline OsteKuste

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »
Took my  newly tabbed carrier to the range and still had issues.Morgans work is top grade, but I have other problems causing my failures. The tab did reduce some of the instances, but I am still getting a dead trigger. After posting this on a new thread Morgan popped up and replied with an answer that described my issue exactly, and he offered to work on my trigger group, recreate the problem, and repair it if I will send the parts to him. I'm blown away. 

Offline gyr

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »
Another very satisfied customer of Forced March Firearms Innovations.   Had my bolt carrier tabbed by Morgan back in May and the workmanship is excellent. Quick turn around (especially considering the distances involved ;D), pleasant attitude, and reasonably priced......what more could you want?  If you're thinking about a modification by Forced March - don't hesitate!  You won't be sorry. :D

Offline Forced March

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Thanks, I've just added some new services/prices.

Offline Porter Wagoner

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
Hi,

I'm a first time poster that recently picked up a new VZ2008 2 weeks ago that had the "Trigger Gremlin" where the striker follows the bolt into battery after firing.  It was happening about 5% of the time.  I tried stiffening the sear spring like shown in this video () with no effect.

After looking at the gun I can really see why the only why to make these guns reliability function after the semi conversion is to tab the bolt carrier.  I saw this forum and sent the bolt carrier to Morgan last Wednesday (8/12) from Minnesota and received it back today (Monday - 8/17).  Wow, that was fast  ;D.  The workmanship is excellent, just like the pictures other users have posted on these forums.  He really knows what he's doing.

I haven't had a chance to test the gun out but I'm sure this will fix it.  Will post results but in the interim if you have one of these VZ2008's with the striker following the bolt into battery don't hesitate to send it to Morgan.

Best Regards,

Porter Wagoner

PS  It seemed when I rode the trigger the striker follow would happen more often than when I did a quick pull and release.  I can really understand why one person wouldn't have an issue while another one would with the same gun.

Offline badspecimen1349

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2015, 06:24:50 PM »
Hey there. First time to post here in these forums. What brings me here is Morgan at Forced March.

I recently sent my carrier in for a tab due to light strikes/failure to fire issues on my PSA VZ2008. I would say 1 out of 10-20 rounds I would experience a light primer strike. Morgan received it the 10th of August and had it finished and returned by the 17th. Geography may have helped, but from what I've read Morgan is a speedy fellow.

The workmanship on this tab was amazing. Someone who doesn't know what the carrier looks like would not be able to tell this was an "upgrade". I showed it to my son, whom is mildly familiar with this rifle and he did not notice.

Great solid weld, oh so smooth polished end product. Communication was speedy, product outstanding. Give this guy your business, you will not be disappointed! Keep up the great work Morgan! 8)

Offline badspecimen1349

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
Hey folks.

Just a range update. Finally got out to the range to test out the tabbed carrier, hopefully resolving the "light strike" issue my rifle was experiencing. I was so elated I went again just today.

IT WORKED!  8) 5 mags and 150 rounds later at the first visit, not ONE issue! Today, another 5 mags, of course 150 rounds again, not a bleep issue. So 300 rounds, not one light strike.

Morgan is a worker of magic and well, metal. :P Highly considering a trigger job after watching his newly updated videos in the original post. But the trigger pull/travel amount doesn't really bother me much. Can I fire as fast as Morgan? No, but bleeped close. ;) Thanks again Forced March Fabrication, I now trust my VZ 99.9%! 8)

Offline CZ173

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2015, 07:26:57 PM »
My VZ58 works perfectly now! Thanks for tabbing the carrier

Offline Porter Wagoner

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.  I still had some issues with the rifle after receiving the tabbed carrier back from Morgan.  It went from having the striker following the bolt into battery about 5% of the time to every other or every third shot.  When I had cycled the gun, with the trigger depressed, the striker would following the bolt into battery every time.  The only way to make the gun cycle normally was to remove the top cover and press down on the bolt carrier while drawing it to the rear.  When I did this the bolt carrier would stroke the disconnector enough to trip the sear and catch the striker.  It seemed otherwise like the carrier was riding up and over the disconnector.

I sent the trigger, disconnector, sear and safety to him and he was able to determine they were interfering with the bottom of the receiver.  I went back and looked at the receiver and you could see very faint marks where the disconnector and sear were impacting the receiver.  Bravo to Morgan for realizing this just from the parts I sent him :).

He removed some material from the bottom of the disconnector and sear.  I reinstalled them and so far have fired 100 rounds with no issues.

Best Regards,

Port Wagoner

PS  This gun was a Century VZ2008 I bough at a local retailer August of this year.  The gun was brand new but the sticker on the trigger tag said the gun was made in May 2013 and shipped September 2013.  It came with 5 mags, bayonet and accessories (like the deal PSA was running not too long ago).

PPS  I also wanted to mention the first gun I looked at when purchasing this one had an incredibly canted front sight so they unboxed a second one, which is the one I ended up buying but still have problems with.  Moral of the story is these Century VZ2008's are really hit and miss.  Morgan made everything right and I actually got Century to issue me an RMA that I won't need but I won't buy one again unless I got to look it over and test fire it for 50 rounds.   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:29:19 PM by Porter Wagoner »

Offline OldJarHead

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2016, 11:55:43 PM »
Morgan invited me to his shop, and then proceeded to work on my recently acquired N.O.S. VZ2008.  In one day he completed the trigger job, added and polished a bolt tab, tuned the disconnector, sear, trigger mechanism feather/spring and polished bolt contact surfaces for smooth operation.  Took the VZ2008 to the range and have 100 rounds through it with great success and absolutely no issues. A friend, a former Army Marksmanship Unit member, was very impressed with the short reset, smooth trigger, and wanted to trade his AR15.  Morgan's FMFInnovation work appreciably added to the nice groupings and follow-up shot recovery back on to target.  It was a pleasure, and he is a font of knowledge.  Highly recommended.  Well worth it.

anything