Author Topic: WELDING SERVICE for vz2008 & vz58  (Read 140888 times)

Offline Ricnzak

Re: WELDING SERVICE for vz2008 & vz58
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
I popped a primer in my 08 and needed a new firing pin.  While the rifle was down I went ahead and got the carrier tabbed.  I also sent the trigger group, bolt, new extractor and pin along to have everything fit.  I just got everything put back together, (using Morgan's videos by the way), and the action feels great.  Now I need some range time.  Thanks Morgan!

Offline OsteKuste

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »
Haven't posted in a bit, been pretty busy. After receiving my tabbed carrier I still had a few hangups. I posted another thread about my issues, and Morgan put me on the track of how to clean up the trigger/sear interface. He even offered to look at them if I wanted to send the FCG to him. After looking at a couple videos, I was confident enough to try myself. It only took a minor bit of filing and polishing, and no more Gremlin! With two range days and some intense rifle drills, I haven't had one hang up! I now feel 100% confidence in this rifle. A great gun, just needs some tinkering to get the bugs out. Thanks again Morgan for the top notch work and advice.

Offline enjoizgunz

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2016, 05:21:21 PM »
I took my VZ2008 to have Morgan of Forced March Fabrication install a carrier tab and address the long, mushy and altogether garbage trigger that it came with.

After a few hours of hanging out in his workshop I immediately "ran to the hills" (thanks Morgan) to test his workmanship. To say that I am highly impressed would be an understatement. I now have a trigger that is super crisp but not too light. It is a dream to fire. Thanks Morgan!

I will be back for more mods.

Contact Morgan at forcedmarchfabrication@gmail.com

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »
Called Morgan about a problem I was having after installing a CNC Warrior FCG.  Never had a better conversation about guns and fixes.  All is now well.

Thank you Morgan

Offline wanderson

« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »
Another happy customer here, sent my carrier in for tabbing, very clean work.

Never had any issues with trigger gremlin, but while someone as reliable as Forced March Fab. was doing this kind of work I figured I'd get it done now instead of waiting. Glad I did.

Offline Lead Pills

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2016, 12:19:08 AM »
I created an account here just so I could thank Morgan for the advice he gave me. I had some minor issues with my VZ 2008. My bolt carrier was dragging in the receiver and also my extractor was contacting with the chamber face. He explained what I should do to address these problems without any expectations of compensation. I am in college currently and don't have much cash so that means a lot to me. Anyways, I took his advice and went for it today. Getting the bolt to stop dragging was extremely easy. getting the extractor out was a pain. I ended up impaling my finger with that little sharp tool that comes with the rifle. One of those moments where you think "I should probabaly be wearing gloves..." Right before it happens Haha
I also noticed that once I trimmed down the extractor that the locking lugs fully engage easier. I used to have to apply a little pressure to the bolt when it was on the rails, without the carrier, to get it to go forward fully. Thanks again for all the help. I will definitely be recommending you to anyone who needs work on on of these rifles.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »
I created an account here just so I could thank Morgan for the advice he gave me. I had some minor issues with my VZ 2008. My bolt carrier was dragging in the receiver and also my extractor was contacting with the chamber face. He explained what I should do to address these problems without any expectations of compensation. I am in college currently and don't have much cash so that means a lot to me. Anyways, I took his advice and went for it today. Getting the bolt to stop dragging was extremely easy. getting the extractor out was a pain. I ended up impaling my finger with that little sharp tool that comes with the rifle. One of those moments where you think "I should probabaly be wearing gloves..." Right before it happens Haha
I also noticed that once I trimmed down the extractor that the locking lugs fully engage easier. I used to have to apply a little pressure to the bolt when it was on the rails, without the carrier, to get it to go forward fully. Thanks again for all the help. I will definitely be recommending you to anyone who needs work on on of these rifles.

A detailed post/thread about how you fixed your problems would be much appreciated.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Ubarad

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »
I too found this service through much internet searching about the gremlin.  I just sent my carrier to Morgan to get tabbed.  It came back in great shape within a couple weeks, I'm very happy to have found this thread.  I hope to do more testing on the performance later. 

Offline StevenJ61

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:04 PM »
I contacted Morgan about sending him a surplus bolt and premade tab from Czechpoint USA for use in a Century built VZ2008. He welded the tab on and shipped it back to me USPS express as I requested. I would recommend his services to anyone interested. I never had the gremlin in the three to four hundred rounds I put through the rifle. However, the tab is a nice reassurance that the sear reseter will always be struck as the bolt passes over it. Thanks again Morgan! I haven't fired it under live fire yet but it has zero issues with dry fire. I'll have to test it live sometime later this week :D

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/bolt-carrier--762x39-

That's the carrier I bought. I decided to do that as I didn't want to send the bolt carrier from my rifle. I didn't want to leave it disabled for two to three weeks or so. Just though I'd throw it out there as another option. On a side note, the finish on the surplus carrier I received was actually pretty decent. Yeah there was orange peel but nothing too bad. It definitely looks used but still has most of the finish left, I'd rate it 80% or better finish left.

Offline RSR

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2016, 01:44:19 AM »
Use caution/check headspace when changing bcg, bolt, or locking piece w/ this rifle...

Offline StevenJ61

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2016, 08:57:02 PM »
As far as I can tell the bolt travel is exactly the same and the locking lugs fully lock. I do respect your words of caution and it is a valid point.

Offline RSR

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
Just wanted to note -- bolt carriers are the fairly unlikely to cause an issue, but could .

Offline Kingjenky

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2016, 11:12:44 PM »
Have these got a web site?? Thanks

Offline Xtommytx123

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
Hey guys, is this service still available? Can someone give me the info on who to contact? Or what exactly I need to do? I just recently got the gremlin and I just put a bunch of money into this rifle to make it combat ready so I'm a bit dissapointed and would love to get it fixed :/

Offline RSR

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »
PM forced march here or send email to the email listed in the very first post of this thread.

anything