Author Topic: Just bought an XDs .45  (Read 559 times)

Offline CombatSoldier00

Just bought an XDs .45
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
So went to the local gunshop and found a sweet deal on a .45, $499 !!  most places wanted $599-600.  Anyways It is a newer model and so no recall was on this gun.   round count is - 0

CZ 75 p07 duty 9mm (everyday carry)
kel tec pf9
Springfield XD .45
Springfield XDs .45

Offline BGlas

Re: Just bought an XDs .45
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »
I am so used to the short CZ slides, that others look so tall...  Nice find!

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:16:43 PM »
My XDS .45 has been my primary carry gun (except when SA had it) for about a year and a half.
I probably have 600 rounds through it and never have had a failure of any kind and I have shot several kinds of ammo through it including my handloaded swc rounds.

I carry it  5+1 and a 7 round extra magazine with an OWB holster. The only thing I have done was add the talon rubber grip as it would get uncomfortable during a long range session with the factory gun.

Great gun, go shoot it and enjoy. :)

Offline muggia59

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
Fired one of those a couple of years ago, when they first came out. Been kind of curious ever since. Cant seem to find a 45 in that size made by anyone else. Doesn't mean I don't like XD's. Have a 4" myself and have owned a 9 and a 40. Just would love to find a DA/SA close to that same width and length. Had a Rock Island 1911 3.5", but still bulky and heavy. Nice buy.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Ed Gordon

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:13:16 PM »
I got one of these to be my concealed carry piece. it is a snappy little firecracker! Mine is accurate and has not had any failures. I put the Talon grips on it and picked up an extra spare 5 round magazine. I use 185 gr Hornady's in it. It is well built and reliable.
CZ 550 American .243
CZ 452 .22LR
CZ 75BD 9mm
CZ 75B 9mm

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
Pardon the resurrection of an old thread, but I'm considering buying an XDS for carry, so doing research on them and I respect the members of this forum highly.

For those with these pistols, do you still have them? Still carry them? Still trust your life to them?

My skill is getting better to the point I'm no longer feeling the need for high capacity spray n pray tactics, and do appreciate the thinness of single stack and lighter weight of polymers for summer carry. My searching is showing the XDS to be ahead of most with size weight and reliability scores on many reviews. Have I just been reading marketing hype or do owners concur with these findings?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with Springfield XDS 45 3.3
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
There is a YouTube review comparing the xds and shield 45 side by side on the range. IIRC, the xds choked quite a bit. I ended up buying the shield for edc and am very pleased with it. Not a reflection on the xds, the shield just fit my hand better and at $350 the price was right.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 07:50:45 AM »
I tried an XDS 3.3 in .45 ACP a year ago. This was the shortest relationship I've ever had with a gun. The gun was unreliable with the extended magazine with many feed failures that never went away even after the 500 rnd break in and a replacement extended magazine. The trigger never felt good and seemed to break differently at times.
For the record I have tried a few different striker pistols of this type and never liked any of them at all.
I did recently handle the .45 Shield and I will say that the trigger was of the best I've tried in a striker and the gun does feel good in the hand. Were I to make the striker mistake again that would be my choice.
That's just my opinion,sorry if I sound biased against striker pistols(I'am) they just don't work for me. Others love them
I feel if I'm going too cinch up my belt to hold up a gun it's got to be the perfect gun, CZ PCR.
Honestly though if you really are interested in the XDS style pistol you should handle one in person and a few other brands in the same class and decide for yourself what you feel will best suit your needs.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:03:05 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM »
I have one I have used for summer carry the past couple years, haven't had any issues out of it, it's not really spectacular like my CZs but it runs when I want it to run and accuracy is acceptable for a pistol this size.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams