1. Would the 75 compact have less recoil due to the extra weight?
Physics dictates that the free recoil energy of the Compact will be less than that of the PCR, due to the extra mass of the Compact. Whether you could discern the 15% reduction or not is questionable.
2. I like the decocker vs. the safety, but I have heard that the trigger is better on the compact and that the decocker makes the PCR more sluggish. True?
The decocker trigger is not as clean, but either trigger can be gunsmithed to be superb to the point where they are supposedly indistinguishable.
3. Are the sights the same?
As pointed out above, no.
4. It looks like the trigger pull is about 5.5 pounds. Is that accurate? Is it difficult to get that down to around 4 to 4.5 pounds.
I think 5.5 lb is low for the stock gun out of the box, but gunsmithing it to 4 lb is easily done.
If you were going to get one of the 2, which would you get and why?
I got the Compact, because:
- absence of a decocker, allowing for safe Condition 1 carry,
- price (~$50 less),
- less recoil, greater accuracy, albeit not big differences.