Author Topic: Rifle Bipod  (Read 3741 times)

Offline pistolman88

Rifle Bipod
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:43:58 AM »

Offline Joe L

Re: Rifle Bipod
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:57:34 AM »
I've got a 9-12" on a bolt gun with the swivel.  Works great, really like it.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
I use a Evolution Bipod with carbon legs for all my bolt action rifles. I no longer waste my money on Harris.

Offline Ron M.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:19 AM »
I don't attach a bi-pod to my hunting rifles, they tend to snag on things when stalking. 

When hunting from a stand I use a tri-pod like this: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/254262/bog-pod-cld-3-camo-legged-devil-tall-tripod-shooting-sticks-22-to-68-swivel-head-all-terrain-feet-black-and-camo

When walking and stalking I carry a mono-pod/walking stick like this: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/541139/bog-pod-q-stik-multipurpose-monopod-shooting-stick-29-1-2-to-68-kit-with-universal-shooting-rest-binocular-rest-camera-adapter-compass-top-black

I've very rarely been able to shoot from a prone position on a game or pest animal. The vast majority of my shots were taken standing if stalking and sitting if hunting from a stand or blind.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:43:00 PM by Ron M. »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
I don't have any on swivel mounts but I have bipods on several rifles.

Rem M700 varmint special in .223.  Several AR15's in barrel lengths of 18, 20 and 24".  I also have one on my M1A.

The M700 was my ground hog/crow gun for about 3 years.  I preferred to shoot from the prone position.  Couldn't always, but anytime I could that's what I did.  I killed my first deer from the prone position.  No bipod though.

On the right rifle, in the right conditions, a bipod can be helpful.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Mackay Sagebrush

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
I have been using the Harris swivel versions for many years. They work great, and are easy to adjust. The terrain I generally hunt big game in, more often than not lends itself to longer shots, and the very vast majority of my shots are from the prone. Unless I am going ultralight, and shaving ounces wherever I can on a hunt, a bipod is pretty much standard equipment.

anything