Author Topic: New P07  (Read 3466 times)

Offline robpa

New P07
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:57:39 PM »
  Been reading awhile. just joined. problems with a new P07.

I have used my brothers and a friends P07s and reall liked them, especially the t4riggers. So I bought one, mine is the new model, theirs are 1 and 2 years old.  The trigger is no where near what theirs are out of the box, mine being very gritty. Also the slide release is practicly impossible to release, no way with one hand. Any suggestions ??  thanks for any assistance.
 Rob

Offline muggia59

Re: New P07
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
Shoot the Hell out of it. Also look at cgw double action upgrades. Cheap and easy.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:07:41 PM »
Did you clean/lube it prior to going shooting?  Most everyone recommends that due to the new gun being shipped from the factory with more of a preservative set up (storage, shipping, etc.) vs. firing it.  You need to clean it up good, then lube it, then shoot it.

Mine is not the "new" 2014 model but I just got it less than a week ago, shot it the day I got it and the trigger is better than the Glock/XDM/M&P "trip" I've been on the last 3 or 4 years.  Very acceptable.  Not "oh crap, it went off" good, but no extra trigger movement after the hammer block is moved out of its "safe" position.

I'm looking at a P09 in 9MM next.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline robpa

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
  I am gonna mess with it some, but both of theirs right out of the box way exceed what mine is. As of right now, Id not buy another one. I do like my 455 combo rimfire rifle quite well and probably will latch on to a 223 before too long.

Offline robpa

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
  cleaned  the thing up nicely today, applied a wee bit of oil to critical parts and  put all back together. loaded up 1 round and firwed. The bleeped shell did not eject but somehow didn't eject and was found head first down bore!! How could an emty case get turned around like that??Checked everything out and loaded 1 more round, fired and no ejection but at least this one was right direction in the chamber but had to be poked out??? Ive never seen nor heard of anything like this before?? What the !

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
This might sound like a silly question..... but how did you load your single round? Did you load one in the mag and then release the slide? Or did you just drop one in the chamber and release the slide? The reason I ask is because it sounds like your extractor is not grabbing the spent shell.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline robpa

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
loaded one in the mag each time. I think you are spot on re the extractor.   There seems to be several  things not right about this particular pistol. I also see what appears to be galding marks on the inside of frame where slide runs?   After firing there were miniscule lakes of some material about the ejection port and across the top of gun.  Im not sure what my next step should be, return possibly. I am very disappointed so far; might have been better to get the S&W Shield which was my backup buy??

Offline phlydude

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »
I'd give CZ USA a call...sounds like you might have received a dud. They will get you squared away and will treat you right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
My CZ collection:  P-07 Duty, CZ-82, 452 Trainer, SP-01 Tactical, 2075 RAMI, Scorpion carbine, Scorpion pistol

Offline robpa

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:26 PM »
  we bumped up the powder by a bit and that seems to have alleviated the ejection problems. The slide is still VERY difficult to release but hoping more rounds thru will solve this problem. Both my brothers and mine are very accurate with anything fed thru them. I am encouraged at this point. I love the gun.

Offline 4.6 Punisher

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
Were you shooting reloads?

Offline robpa

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 11:52:32 PM »
  Yes, as well as factory.  The same reloads that malfunctioned in the new model 07 worked in the Duty 07?  The new model seems to like a more hot load.

Offline 4.6 Punisher

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 02:59:43 AM »
What works in one should work in the other. Definitely give CZ a call.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
What works in one should work in the other. Definitely give CZ a call.

Not necessarily. One gun new, others are older and have use. All is not equal.

Offline Coleman

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »
Robpa I agree with the comment of shoot it not sure how many rounds you've put thru it put man these things are pretty simple operations it just sounds like a complete take down a good lubing will be good for it with some really good lube something that will stay with it I really like ballistol. There are a lot of good lubes out there I know you said you've lubed it good but do it after every session give it 200rds anyway. Some hot loads should loosen it up something like HS-6 or power pistol loads if ya have it there great guns. But if it keeps it up dont give up on it get with cz they'll really take care of ya and when its right you'll really be in love. I've been shooting some awesome groups with 124gr Montana gold and 5.0 gr of Winchester auto comp.

Offline robpa

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »
  Yeh, I plan on giving it some more work with the hope that will do it. I wont give up on it as I really like the gun.  It just seemed the others were so nicely smooth right out of the box.