Author Topic: VZ58 Mag Vice Block  (Read 909 times)

Offline mike_sa

VZ58 Mag Vice Block
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »
I am looking into purchasing a gun vice and wanted a setup similar to an AR vice with the mag block.  Of course I cannot find something specific to the VZ.  My question is will an AK mag block fit in the VZ?

I found this on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Tapco-TOOL0601-Magazine-Vice-Block/dp/B00BQ0PWME/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1397138716&sr=8-5&keywords=Ak47+mag+block

I just don't know if an Ak mag can be inserted into a VZ.  if it does I can just clamp it onto a vice and go from there.

Thanks

Offline vblue42

Re: VZ58 Mag Vice Block
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:14:09 AM »
An AK will not insert into a VZ and will not lock. A nog block on the other hand may if it doesn't have to lock into the well. If it doesn't you might be able to modify it to fit.

Offline wanderson7262

Re: VZ58 Mag Vice Block
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:40:32 AM »
You could try loading a spare mag with empty steel cases then wrap it in duct tape and use it as a mag vice block, that's what I did for my first AR with an old GI aluminum mag. Not as solid as the delrin AR blocks but better than nothing. Eventually I picked up a Tipton universal gun vice at a local sporting goods chain for $40 and cut out the stock support hump to make room for a pistol grip, works with my ARs, AK, VZ, Storm, and everything else.