Author Topic: Another Slide Lock Back Question  (Read 3241 times)

Offline CZNE

Another Slide Lock Back Question
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 07:39:36 PM »
If the recoil spring was a warranty item, then you'd be getting another factory spring and that's not what you want to do.  What you want to do is replace the factory recoil spring with a Wolff spring (at least 18lb) which has a little more "spring" to it (I don't just buy one I always get two or some mag springs ect so the shipping isn't such a factor).  

If your PCR is locking back with only 500 rounds through it maybe you should call CZ and see if they'll send you a slide lock spring for free, install that and see if it corrects your problem.  I'm thinking that's what I might do with mine too, although my round count is higher than yours.

Whatever you do, the factory recoil spring isn't strong enough, especially if you are going to shoot any +p ammo through it.  At somepoint you'll want to replace it with a Wolff spring.

n-10-MikeyMike-czechpistols82792

Another Slide Lock Back Question
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 10:57:09 PM »
At the risk of belaboring this subject, I just want let everyone know that I replaced the slide release spring and have put 400 rounds through my PCR without incident. For those who are confused by this problem and its fix, the magazine spring and follower keep the upward tension on the slide stop. Thus, when the magazine is empty, the spring and follower force the slide stop up to lock the slide back. The slide stop spring mounts on the right of the receiver and maintains a slight amount of downward tension on the slide stop so it doesn't move upward when the slide cycles and hold the slide back prematurely. Believe me, this problem stems from the slide stop spring, not the recoil spring. It's an easy fix and all it took was the time to make a toll free call to Mike at CZ