Author Topic: Czech Special Forces Brake  (Read 7572 times)

Offline sofrosune

Re: Czech Special Forces Brake
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »
I checked back again and it was in stock.  Not sure why the "Add to Cart" was grayed out the last time I looked. 

Offline RSR

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 11:20:41 PM »
I located some of the new production Special Forces Brakes -- same slovakian factory as the original military run, factory still holds  the sole patent.  Only difference is finish -- black oxide vs dark bluing on the original.

Posted them for sale in the classifieds here: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=71882.msg507985#msg507985

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
I located some of the new production Special Forces Brakes -- same slovakian factory as the original military run, factory still holds  the sole patent.  Only difference is finish -- black oxide vs dark bluing on the original.

Posted them for sale in the classifieds here: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=71882.msg507985#msg507985

Is this batch milled and threaded deep enough to properly attached to a muzzle?
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline RSR

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »
I purchased a thread tap from cnc warrior and finished them myself.  Threading is ~double what was originally in them and w/in a rotation or so of what my last and only of my new old stock special forces brake has.

Tap does have a slight bevel to start so even though I bottom it out, it still leaves about 1/8" or so internally unthreaded -- again, similar to the original military ones (the old ones might have a rotation or so more threading, but it is very close and leads me to think there might have been supposed to have some friction there to help keep internal from rotating in addition to the detent.  And them I check them with a Venom Tactical 7.62 muzzle brake proofing rod, and dark blue the new threads.   Covered all this in the link. 

To be clear, you might still have a rotation or two w/ a 17mm wrench to get it tight against the fsb initially, but installing and uninstalling all the way with wrench a few times makes it able to be installed by hand moving forward. 

If folks want to wait a few weeks, I actually ordered a second tap this weekend to have a machine shop cut off some of the bevel (metal is so hard/brittle, I don't want to do it myself) and see if I can get a couple more threads cut to avoid the install/reinstall process and that little bit of thread crushing... 

That said, I'll take reservations on them. 

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 11:26:26 PM »
I purchased a thread tap from cnc warrior and finished them myself.  Threading is ~double what was originally in them and w/in a rotation or so of what my last and only of my new old stock special forces brake has.

Tap does have a slight bevel to start so even though I bottom it out, it still leaves about 1/8" or so internally unthreaded -- again, similar to the original military ones (the old ones might have a rotation or so more threading, but it is very close and leads me to think there might have been supposed to have some friction there to help keep internal from rotating in addition to the detent.  And them I check them with a Venom Tactical 7.62 muzzle brake proofing rod, and dark blue the new threads.   Covered all this in the link. 

To be clear, you might still have a rotation or two w/ a 17mm wrench to get it tight against the fsb initially, but installing and uninstalling all the way with wrench a few times makes it able to be installed by hand moving forward. 

If folks want to wait a few weeks, I actually ordered a second tap this weekend to have a machine shop cut off some of the bevel (metal is so hard/brittle, I don't want to do it myself) and see if I can get a couple more threads cut to avoid the install/reinstall process and that little bit of thread crushing... 

That said, I'll take reservations on them.

I believe the only way it will seat to the muzzle locking pin is to file the threads on the tip of the muzzle.  Went through the exact procedure as you describe above with the CNC tap a while back. Good idea to mod the tap, if that works.  Never seen that done before.  I think you'll need that modified tap to go deep enough to preserve all the muzzle threads.  Good luck, your gonna make a few people happy, because the brake is great.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:45:02 AM by CitizenPete »
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline paskeCZ

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »

Offline RSR

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
the golden  is sold out.  http://www.zahal.org/products/sa-vz-delta-58-muzzle-brake?path_parent=278947  :'(

Do you have experience w/ that brake?

I cannot imagine that it is 3+ times superior (by cost) to either the Zendl or the special forces.

KingGun makes that brake don't they?

In my experience, the KingGun stuff is generally less well finished than Zendl -- Zendl also has the CZ-UB factory make most of his stuff while KingGun uses another shop.

Offline paskeCZ

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:39 AM »
Not on the kinggun E-shop ?

Offline RSR

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 08:20:38 AM »
I don't see it on the e-shop.

I do see it in some of his pictures. http://www.jansladky.cz/Pages/sa58.htm

Have you used that KingGun brake sold on Zahal?  The only possible advantage for it from a muzzle control standpoint I see is that it looks heavy, which means increased muzzle stability but at the expense of slower pointing/aiming/initial target acquisition...

EDIT: Actually, it has the same item number as a brake on his site UKZ-58, so perhaps this is just an updated finish version of the same with this pic being a top or bottom view (my guess i sbottom -- blown up you can see the other side's holes slightly along the bottom, and with markings similar to Zendl...):
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:31:32 AM by RSR »

Offline paskeCZ

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »
You're right, and zahal asks almost dubble. 

Offline RSR

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 11:27:54 PM »
10 fully threaded new production special forces brakes available over in classifieds: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=71882

Also have a couple other items in my spring cleaning still...

Offline felix

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
I would agree with the video maker regarding the CSF brake & the AK slant cut brake. I have one of the original dark blue finished CSF brake and it is a lot heavier than the slant cut brake. If I was back out in the field again I would use the AK brake for running & gunning. But with the CSF brake the point of aim does not move. Just my experience
Love to play with fast women, sharp knives & loud guns, if the wife says it's okay....

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
I would agree with the video maker regarding the CSF brake & the AK slant cut brake. I have one of the original dark blue finished CSF brake and it is a lot heavier than the slant cut brake. If I was back out in the field again I would use the AK brake for running & gunning. But with the CSF brake the point of aim does not move. Just my experience

Agree, same experience. 

Best brake available IMO.

I used the bottom tap on the recent shallow CSF ... If anyone needs it for a SF brake they bought, PM me.  It's 20$-- use it and pass it on for $20. I'll buy it back from the last user if you don't want it.
CP

Offline Howlin Mad

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »
Finally got some video of my SF brake in action, even caught some of the monster fireball.  Flame was very visible even in the intense Arizona sun (was 111 degrees yesterday).  Was having problems with some crappy Tula ammo.

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
Finally got some video of my SF brake in action, even caught some of the monster fireball.  Flame was very visible even in the intense Arizona sun (was 111 degrees yesterday).  Was having problems with some crappy Tula ammo.

Holy F!!K!
Very interesting and telling photographs.  Like a fiery arc! There must be a second where
we are getting an obstructed view through the optic from the muzzle flash.

I love this brake too.

Are those frame captures from the video?

HM, Thanks for taking the time to put up this post.

Hey, in the last "Stage 2" video, is that Ian being the RSO?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:14:24 AM by CitizenPete »
CP

anything