Author Topic: VZ58 Bipod Group Buy  (Read 49245 times)

Offline RSR

VZ58 Bipod Group Buy
« on: April 28, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »
Wanted to check on a group buy interest for new old stock, un-issued surplus VZ58 bipods. 

I'm looking to place an order for a few around early 3rd quarter, July 1-ish. 

If you have an interest please just reply in this thread your interest and quantity, and I'll PM you closer to for payment, etc, instructions (need to figure out what's easiest, probably USPS money orders) or possibly PayPal if that's the only way you can afford to pay.
Payment wouldn't be due until I have the bipods in hand.  Working with an American based but Eastern Europe specializing weapon/military importer at cutthroat rates, so this is about the best deal you'll be able to find. 

If less than 50 bipods are ordered, cost would be approximately $100 delivered (should be high $90s but don't want to overpromise).
And if 50+ are ordered, cost would drop to approximately $75 delivered. 
If ordering multiples, a $5 discount to each add'l would apply at either rate (shipping discount, but still covering extra insurance).

Price comparisons:
-$120-200+ delivered on ebay
-$130 plus $40 shipping on VZ58rifle.com
-$170 plus shipping at continentalmilitaria.com/Vit Zemanek
-And have been known to hit $300 on gunbroker from private collections, but not recently.

And those are about the only places I've seen them.

VZ58 bipods have never been imported in quantity to the US and are very rare here, and rare in the Czech Republic. 

About the bipods:
-Attach to front sight block's bayonet lug like the bayonet.
-Standard issue for the Czechoslovakian military during the Cold War.
-VZ58 bipod legs are a light weight steel alloy with attachment and hinge portion appearing to be machined from a denser block tool steel
-Weighs 9.15 ounces in total (just over 1/2 lb).
-Parkerized finish.
-Full length of bipod measures 13", legs are 11" in length.
-When installed and legs open but in straight down position (like pic but bore horizontal to ground), the barrel is elevated from ground approx 11.5 inches.
-When barrel horizontal to ground, mag has ~3" in clearance, and mag does not touch ground when bipod deployed and resting on stock.
-May have slight surface wear from storage but these are unissued, so are fully functional with no wear to bayonet lug attachment point or feet.

To install:
1) ensure scalloped section facing rear of rifle and flat front is facing downrange.
2) Turn legs to forward, downrange position, keeping connector in same position.
3) Install bipod from rear to forward of the bayonet lug, just like with the VZ58 bayonet.
4) Line up hole in bayonet lug (should occur automatically if bipod is all the way forward) with post in bipod and turn legs to rear, from forward position, to secure.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:43:44 PM by RSR »

Offline RSR

Re: VZ58 Bipod Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
And if any of you are active on other forums with VZ58 threads, a mention of this group buy would be appreciated.  Buying in the biggest quantity possible benefits us all.

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »
I would be interested in at least one esp. If the price could be negotiated around $100
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:25:24 PM by CitizenPete »
CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline pinkbunny

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:17:34 PM »
I'd be interested, too.

Remember, everyone, spread the word to your local forums! I'm sure plenty of people have picked up the vz 2008 this month, and it has the necessary bayonet lug to use the bipod!

Offline Eugene Onegin

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »
Put me down for one .
"Every man is his own hell."  H.L. Mencken

Offline RSR

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »
The price will not be more expensive than $100 delivered (with one extreme outside change exception of a rather drastic move against the US dollar in exchange rates -- which with the recent turmoil in Eastern Europe seems VERY unlikely over the next two months).

So for all intents, count on a ~$95-100 delivered bipod availability at your door by late July/mid August after we close out the group buy on July 1.

Offline RSR

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
PS: The biggest thing that will affect pricing is shipping cost.  I'm shipping with tracking and insurance regardless. 

I'm thinking the poster shipping tubes with bipod in bubble wrap will be the best way to go and save some $ below the high $95ish I currently calculated.  Just haven't priced them out on both item cost and shipping cost yet.   Currently calculating total on USPS Priority Medium Flat rate w/ insurance...  Figure I can save at least $5 here on total cost by getting creative, but probably more than you wanted to know, haha.

Offline rbgonoles

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:28:21 PM »
Put me down for one

Offline RSR

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »
So far:

CitizenPete - 1
pinkbunny - 1
Eugene Onegin - 1
rbgonoles - 1
RSR - At least 1

Thanks all!

Offline rockscz

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 08:36:41 PM »
I'll take at least one.

Offline vzFOOL

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »
I'm new 'round these parts, but that is an awesome deal, and I'd love to get in on it. Put me down for at least 1, too, please. Thanks!

Offline kkd

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 11:10:38 PM »
I'll go for one

Offline twhittle

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
Another new guy who'd like in on the group buy -- please put me down for one.

Thanks.

Offline RSR

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:16 AM »
5/7 Update: At least 9 commitments

CitizenPete - 1
pinkbunny - 1
Eugene Onegin - 1
rbgonoles - 1
RSR - At least 1
rockscz - At least 1
vzFOOL - at least 1
kkd - 1
twhittle - 1

Offline MadDogDan

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
Bummer that Czhecpoint cut the bayo lug off my VZ58 so I can't use one of those bipods.