Author Topic: Would a Witness Compact 13rd Mag fit the PCR?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline czfun

Would a Witness Compact 13rd Mag fit the PCR?
« on: September 25, 2003, 10:40:09 AM »
Hello, I am looking to purchase a PCR, can't find any PCR Hi Cap Mags for sale.  Like to know if the Witness Compact 13rd 9mm Mags will fit/function properly in the PCR.  Thanks!

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 10:56:40 AM »
pub105.ezboard.com/fczech...=113.topic

The PCR was released after the Crime Bill, so you will not find one specifically marketed for this pistol.  The 75 Compact (9mm), PCR, and P-01 use the same 13 round magazine in the rest of the world.  The Witness magazine will usually fit.  The above link provides more details.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline czfun

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 11:10:09 AM »
FEG

What an awesome post!  Thanks!

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 04:03:27 PM »
The CZF members helped a lot with submissions.  To be honest, this was the only FAQ article that I did not enjoy writing.  Trying to organize the material into a user-friendly format proved to be a real chore.  Some days, I still don't think it's really "there" yet.  

The Tanfoglio version has proven to be so difficult that I haven't finished it, nearly a year later.  I have two problems: 1) I don't know much about the Tanfoglios (and pistols using Tan parts).  I have never found anything on the internet that systematically explains the various models and sub-models, and there are a lot of them.  2) The CZ version kind of drained my enthusiasm for the entire project.   I tend to be a perfectionist, and I don't want to do a slipshod job of it.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 04:07:51 PM »
Your best bet, at the moment, is the Pro-Mag mag for the .40 S&W version of the CZ-75B Compact.  

They haven't made/imported the gun yet, but mags are available.  

The .40 mags work perfectly, and hold an extra 4 rounds, which gives you one round MORE than the standard 9mm hi-cap for the PCR/Compact (which use the same mags.)

Compact mags for the Baby Eagle do NOT work in the compact versions of the 75B or the P-01.  These mags are too short.

Offline strictlycz

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 09:44:04 PM »
hello, right now robert johnson has hi-cap mags for the pcr available in the classified section. his mags are good, i have one and my father purchased one and not a hiccup between them.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2003, 08:16:17 AM »
If you're not emphatic about having "FACTORY" mags, the Pro-Mag .40 S&W mags for the 75B Compact are a better deal, and when loaded with 9mm, hold 14 rounds (rather than the typical factory hi-cap 13 rounds.)

The ones I've got are functionally identical to the 75B Pro-Mag 9mm mags, and sell for $12.88 each ($35 minimum order) at Natchez Shooter's Supply.   You can probably find them elsewhere for a bit more -- as at the Pro-Mag website.  Still a lot cheaper than factory hi-cap mags.

My experience with Pro-Mags has been good; they'll need spring replacment sooner than factory mags, but other than that, no problem.

Offline Robert Johnson

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 06:53:26 PM »
I have Original CZ Compact 14rd mags in stock for $45 each shipped.  These mags fit the PCR or P01...Using the later CZ Spring and follower they allow the extra round.  Same set-up Czech police have used for a long time.  Extremely reliable and will surely add to the coolness lever of your CZ       compact when you put in the 14rd mag.

For more information call or email me.

Robert Johnson @ RTG parts
623-362-3459
RobertRTG@earthlink.net

www.RobertRTG.com

anything