Author Topic: Project "C-100" how to smooth a Tristar/Canik Long thread lots of pictures!  (Read 157323 times)

Offline ArLEOret

Re: Project "C-100" how to smooth a Tristar/Canik Long thread lots of pictures!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
Excellent report though I may never to use the info. These old hands don't have the dexterity to do it. I enjoyed reading it. Never saw these pistols locally though.

Offline terry mc

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
Thx, ArLEOret,
The C100 is a well kept secret from the masses, and really inexpensive at between $320- $350 depending on current availability.

End result is a gun I would put up against any $1200-$1300 custom for less than 2/3rds the cost.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline rich63

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
terry mc,

I have just read this entire thread. What a job you did with pictures and explaining everything. I was glued to the computer reading this. I just bought a Canik Stingray and changed out springs and did internal polishing. My trigger pull numbers are very similar to yours. The only thing I have is while pulling the trigger, the pull is smooth throughout just until the break, a slight heaviness, then bam the trigger breaks. Other than that heaviness, no complaints on the trigger pull.

schmeky posted on 11/09 that a newly designed 85c trigger is to be released for the CZ's and Canik/Tristar's and I plan on purchasing one. I looked at CGW Ultimate Canik Upgrade,   http://cajungunworks.com/product/30100-the-ultimate-canik-upgrade/   to possibly install into my Stingray. Just not sure if I have the know how to do this. If filing the adjustable sear and cage like you did here, I think may be above me. Won't know you can do it until you jump in and try. For now, the Ultimate Canik Upgrade is on hold.

rich63

Offline terry mc

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:02 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Rich.
It took a while to do, but it was also enjoyable.

To me there is nothing better than saying I did something myself.

Check with David about the adjustable sear, when I discussed it with him, he said that he would be making some future adjustments to try and compensate for Canik's running model changes on dimensions. So he may have them adjusted to fit all of them as long as Canik hasn't changed dimensions again. Worth a phone call, and David  and Scott are very straight shooters (no pun intended).
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline copterdrvr

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
Rich,

I installed the CGW 3 piece spring kit and the 85c trigger in my C-100 and I don't think I installed the reduced power trigger return spring MAINLY because I don't think it was available when I installed the other components.

When the pistol was disassembled I also did the recommended polishing of the internals of the pistol.  I did NOT cut or reshape any of the control surfaces, just polished.

My pistol now has a double action trigger pull of 8 lb 8 oz and the single action trigger pull is 3 lb 13 oz. The trigger pull on this pistol is awesome. I have mediumish sized hands and I find the 85c trigger to be a considerable improvement over the factory setup and definitely worth the money.

I've had revolvers that didn't have trigger pulls as good as my C-100.

Offline rich63

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2015, 04:50:13 PM »
copterdrvr,

I have the spring kit, canik floating trigger pin, rp-trs and 14# rsc installed in my Canik Stingray specifically the 11.5# hammer spring. My trigger pull numbers are quite impressive DA - 5 5/8# and SA - 2 3/4# with 100% reliability so far.

The pull is smooth just before the break, very slight heaviness then it breaks. From what I'm told this is the hammer. I'm ok with the trigger just the way it is.

Appreciate the update on the 85c trigger. Sounds like a good deal for you. schmeky has redesigned the 85c trigger and from what I understand there is less curve on the new one. Going to eventually purchase one of these for my Stingray.

I just purchased a 75b SA and might be doing some upgrades before the Stingray. Hey, who knows, might just get all the parts at once and upgrade both guns together.

rich63

Offline terry mc

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »
Rich you have great taste in guns.
I have owned 2 SA's and have a 97B converted to an SA so they are a passion of mine.
Once you get done you will absolutely love both guns.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline rich63

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »
terry mc,

Thank you terry mc. The CZ is great platform. I'm really looking forward putting some rounds through my newly purchased used 75b SA. From what I've read and have been told, the SA is one of the easiest of the CZ's to upgrade. One of the upgrades I'm interested in is a new hammer. With the hammer comes CGW adjustable sear. I'm very apprehensive to tackle this sear. Perhaps David can shine a little more light on it.

I own the 75b, SP-01 Tact, P-07 and very soon the 75b SA, and 1 clone, the Canik Stingray. The only other CZ that I would love to own and doesn't exist is the 97 with ambi decocker. Hopefully, that particular model is in the development stage.

rich63

Offline tbirdshooterguy

Fantastic tutorial.  Appreciate it.  Looks like another project for me!  You mentioned Jo's stainless base plates.  Did I miss where you picked those up?

Rod

Offline terry mc

Tbird,
Glad you like the thread.
That is what this forum is all about, us helping one another.
The information you read is based on a lot of other threads that many many members shared and
made it so that I felt comfortable with the process myself.
You will be amazed by how nice the Canik triggers can be.

Joe goes by 75plus.
I do not know if he is making the baseplates for the Canik.
He sent me some prototypes to try and we found that Canik has some variation on the frame dimensions that varies from
model to model and sometimes year to year.

The guns are great but the factory makes small changes that make it hard for people like 75plus and CGW to make parts for.
I discussed this a little on the sear cage and sear fitment, when I found the safety arm rubbed the side of the sear cage.

Best bet is to send him a PM and ask him if he is making them.
He also has Neodium magnet safety detent balls that are great for reassembly since they stick to the safety instead of rolling around the floor.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline tbirdshooterguy

Thanks for the reply.  Great work.

I will contact him.  Get my C-100 Friday....So looking forward to it.

R

Offline tango9mm

hey, great pics of your c-100.
I just put my c-100 on layaway this morning.
oh happy day...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
MEMBER OF THE NORTH HUNTERS
ARMY/NAVY

IF I CAN STAND AND FIGHT, I WANT IT TO BE WITH
MY LITTLE BUDDY RAY..
MEMBER OF THE cz clone CLUB. c-100

tristar c-100 and looking for more...

Offline terry mc

Hi Tango,
I just replied to your PM.

For all of you, I have decided to try CGW's Canik Barrel Bushing once he gets them back in stock.
David says it should be this month or next so I will order once they have hit his shelves.

I think that it is probably overkill for me as my hands are not those of a surgeon or a bullseye shooter, not steady enough.
But the C100 I have made is just such a fantastic little gun that I cannot resist going one more step.

It may take a little while to do a review as I have to find someone that has a ranson-rest local that is willing to help me out to do a before and after. Or maybe I will just pick up a Hyskor.
I think that is the only way, along with some match ammo to see the differences that will be achieved.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline Brawny

I went ahead and got the spring kit before I even got the gun! I hope to get it in next week and my plan is to switch out the springs before I even shoot it. This thread will surely make short work of changing my springs.

Offline Tpepper70

Brawny, shoot it with the stock springs so you can truly see how big a difference the new springs make. Glad I did.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

anything