Author Topic: Project "C-100" how to smooth a Tristar/Canik Long thread lots of pictures!  (Read 157245 times)

Offline NineN10mm

Thanks, Terry.

It would have been a lot easier if they had a lanyard loop at the end of the spring cap, so we can push in the spring on just a flat surface. :)

Offline h8louzn

Sorry to bring up an old thread.
Thanks Terry I have now sepnt 163.00 at CGW on my C-100 and P-120 and not finished!
Will update with new numbers..

Offline terry mc

Sorry to bring up an old thread.
Thanks Terry I have now sepnt 163.00 at CGW on my C-100 and P-120 and not finished!
Will update with new numbers..

Glad I could help spend you money, Ha ha

The plus is you will love the gun when you are done.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline h8louzn

Put 300 rounds thru them on wed. Not one issue. Now to put the parts in.. SA Trigger pull dropped .5-.8 just shooting 150 rounds.

Offline briang2ad

Looks like CGW doesn't sell the sear/hammer separately now.  So... if you want a hammer sear it is $300.

Offline terry mc

This is a shame.
Since the low cost nature of the gun, leaves room for the dyi people to
make an excellent gun on the cheap.
I know David has commented that sales of these parts (Canik) have been slow so he cut back on the offered items.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline h8louzn

I talked to David and he is bringing back some of the parts. Hopefully it will be soon..

Offline kvnndvn

Hi guys,

I just found this awesome thread. I must say it gave me a new respect for my stock C-100. My piece is identical to Terry's, but in .40 S&W. That said, being the next caliber up in power, can I use the same set up as everybody here? I also ordered Meprolight Tru Dot sights, and they should arrive in a few days. Looking forward to making this happen.

Offline terry mc

Hi Kvnndvn,
Glad you enjoyed the tutorial.
Just got your Email as well.
yes allowing that the parts are available from Cajun Gun Works you can do the same things.
The trigger group should be the same.
(edit) I just looked you can buy the complete Canik Hammer kit again, half way down page 3 on his sight (end edit)

I think the Meprolight is a vertical blade so if that is the case you should not have any issues, only the fun is getting the stock ones out.

I will respond to your other questions on your email, on a responce to it directly.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline Underwhere

Thanks for this thread.
I've done this same work before but never really had it so well laid out. I wish I had seen this a long time ago.

I have my Tristar p120 with CGW parts down to 2 pounds 10 ounces (SA). This is with the blue 13 pound hammer spring.

Before polishing the sear cage and associated parts it was at 3 pounds 8 ounces so a pretty significant difference.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:50:36 PM by Underwhere »

Offline terry mc

Thanks for this thread.
I've done this same work before but never really had it so well laid out. I wish I had seen this a long time ago.

I have my Tristar p120 with CGW parts down to 2 pounds 10 ounces (SA). This is with the blue 13 pound hammer spring.

Before polishing the sear cage and associated parts it was at 3 pounds 8 ounces so a pretty significant difference.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed it, I enjoyed doing the thread.
It is always fun to share your experiences with fellow enthusiasts.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline Rigidman

Re: Project "C-100" how to smooth a Tristar/Canik Long thread lots of pictures!
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2019, 04:28:20 AM »
Been reading some of the posts. Planning on doing the same to my new/used EAA Tanfoglio .40. Mcarbo makes a complete kit to lighten the trigger in sa and da. can't remember if it's the firing pin roll pin or trigger pin, one of them is larger on one side. Believe it's the right side. Not sure if all clones have the same type pins. I'm sure most all ready know. Just thought I'd mention it. Hate learning such things the hard way.

Offline Long Branch Setter

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2020, 08:00:43 PM »
Want to say “Thank You“  Terry mc.

I bought a C100 on the recommendation of another member. After installing a CGW spring kit and polishing the internals it has become my daily carry gun. Those two things took the DA trigger from 14 lbs to 7 lbs and the SA trigger from 7 lbs to 5 lbs. I may install the CGW hammer kit later but don’t really see the need as I love the gun as is.

I’ve been impressed with the quality of the TriStar pistols. Was shopping for a SP-01 but will probably buy the P-120. With either one the same amount of work is needed to slick it up so why not save a few hundred dollars and go with TriStar????

Thanks again,
LBS

Offline terry mc

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »
LBC,
I am so happy that you enjoyed this it has been a pleasure having done this
and is very satisfying when others get some good use from the information that I have
provided.

Terry
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline mjr1967

Terry MC I really appreciate the time and effort you put into the pics and instructions.  I have a Tri Star C100 and have installed the CGW spring kit.  Your step by step instructions were so helpful!  Thank you!