Author Topic: Night Sight Idea's  (Read 1038 times)

jdr1200

Night Sight Idea's
« on: November 28, 2003, 09:29:25 PM »
Okay I know this subject has been beat to death, and I did a search, but I'm looking for some updated info,
Since my New PCR will be here on Monday or Tuesday, I am looking into the possibility of NS for it.
What is recommended since the sights are different on the PCR? Trijicon, Meps, PT:|  or another, like modified Novaks?

I am going with Trijicon's on my P-01 because of past experiences with Trijicon on my USPc's. Your help would be appriciated.

Jim

Walt-Sherrill

Night Sight Idea's
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 09:42:33 PM »
PT has (or has had) serious quality control problems.   Meprolight isn't making CZ=75B sights presently (although they'd be my choice).   Trijicons are good.  XS makes a good night sight based on the old Ashley Express design.  (You need NOT get the LARGE front sight.)

You don't have a lot of  choices.

My newest CZ (a Compact) came with PT night sights; the are brighter than my (reasonably new) Meprolights.  If they hold up, they may be good.   If they hold up.

jdr1200

Night Sight Idea's
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 10:36:16 PM »
Walt, I guess the good thing with PT is thier about 30 miles from me. I have heard of thier spotty quality issues, and that is why I am unsure, for the PCR/Trijicon's Should I have the inserts drilled into the stock sights?

Jim

Offline ut83

Night Sight Idea's
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 08:37:32 AM »
About the stock PCR sights and drilling them out...the way the rear sight is shaped and cut will force Trij. to drill out and place the tritium much wider than you would prefer...trust me.

Look at your rear sight and between the original dots and the sides of the sight are where the dots will be..they need length to protect the tritium tube.

I had mine done and IT DROVE ME NUTS..........your best bet is just having Trijicons put on your gun.....its the same dovetail as the 75.....but youll have that little machined spot in front of the rear sight thats open........

Shoot well..............