Author Topic: 75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Gary in Pennsylvania

75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger
« on: December 13, 2003, 04:28:02 PM »
I posted this same question in the 75BD POLICE forum.

Is there any difference between the PCR trigger assembly and the 75BD assembly?  I ask this because the trigger pull/feel on my new 75BD feels lighter and much more smooth than the trigger on my PCR.  I think that statement will surprise many of the PCR die-hards.

But I cannot help it.  The trigger feels sooo much smoother on the BD.

What are your thoughts???
Gary in Pennsylvania
CZ-75D PCR Compact

Offline ut83

75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 07:40:33 PM »
Hey Gary...I believe it...some of the best triggers Ive ever felt on ANY CZ were on a CZ40 (not mine) and a CZ97.  My first PCR was very nice but not as good as these were....butter smooth and just so nice.

One thing that may have an effect on the Compacts/PCR's..
They have to use a stouter main spring in them as compared to the fullsize model.  It gives more assistance in the recoil impulse of the slide coming back...you have a heavier recoil spring as well typically also.  But the heavier main spring makes for more pull weight and that in fact, makes the bugs more noticeable..any hitch in the triggers digyup is more pronounced in that situation.

Most newer guns Ive tried that were PO1 and PCR had similar triggers............ok...but not stellar.

Shoot well.

Offline Marky Mark

75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 07:24:14 PM »
It's possible that the shorter spring of the PCR "stacks" a little more in compression that a full size.  I swapped a  Wolff 17lb hammer spring in my PCR, and it helped out the DA pull quite a bit, with no misfires.  It's still a little rough, but I havn't had the cash for a  trigger job yet.

party01

75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 06:28:01 PM »
I have both of these guns also and have noticed the same thing.  The single action of the BD is much nicer than the PCR.  It is nice and crisp it doesn't take much of a stroke to release the hammer.  The PCR seems to drag, for lack of a better word, a bit before it will release the hammer.  Niether one of these guns has very many rounds through them so I am hoping the PCR will smooth out a little but I don't think that drag will ever go away without a smiths attention.  I'm sorry I know there are actual words to describe what I am talking about but I am not sure what they are.

Offline ut83

75BD vs. 75D PCR trigger
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 07:06:02 AM »
Actually it should smooth out nicely for most people...500-1000 rnds and the triggers are very nice.

Shoot well.

anything