Author Topic: Question about a IWB PCR holster  (Read 1356 times)

Offline rpbrock

Question about a IWB PCR holster
« on: October 24, 2002, 09:51:56 PM »
I saw a Mitch Rosen Ayoob Rear Guard holster tonight that a Rangemaster was wearing with his Glock. The holster rides high and in the small of the back. He seems to really like it. Does anyone else have any experience with this design of holster? Can anyone tell me of a IWB holster like this design that is made for the PCR and worn in the small of the back. I may be wrong but I don't believe Mitch Rosin makes this design for CZs.

One other thing, would a PCR and a regular compact share the same holster? Any opinions or experience with design will be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time. rpbrock
Proud Texan, NRA and TSRA member

cz40va

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 04:37:40 AM »
The Mitch Rosen Rear Guard for a Glock 19 should work fine. They work in most every other makers holsters anyhow. The holsters for Glock 19 is what PCR owners have used until a PCR model become available. Also check with Eric and as him about his IWB model.

Offline ut83

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 05:20:45 AM »
The Compact is better off sharing a holster designed for the PCR as to the other way around.  The PCR has an extended mag release that can be abrasive to the shooter in certain carry positions, the holster should cover the mag release while being carried.  They should both have a high back design.  The PCR's decocker can be abrasive and the Compact's should cover the safety for proper Cond. 1 carry.
The mag release on the Compact isnt an issue when carrying IWB/SOB.  I can design a holster for you if you'd like.  I actually have a couple of SOB's on the dwg board.  One has a single, very strong clip for retention and has a vertical grip position. The other is a double belt loop design.  Both are single ply leather without a top strap.  I feel this design warrants the thinnest holster possible for more comfortable carry.  Tell you what,  email me......Ive a plan youll like.
Shoot well...Eric

anything